I have really short legs, and the flab won't leave...

Options
Okay so I'm 5'1 and weigh 106.5 pounds. I would LOVE to weigh 100 and I know thats healthy for me, considering I'm really young..My legs are really short, sort of like baby carrots and I really would love to slim them down, yet I run around 5 days a week or walk for around 30 minutes instead of the running and my legs really look the same. I do spin classes and Zumba maybe once a week and I still have not been loosing much weight. I barley eat the 1200 calories or my excersize calories and the weight just does not come off! Any help? Tips?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• kendallb47
    Options
    baby carrot legs are cute :laugh: :bigsmile: :love:
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT same issue. I'm 5ft and 3/4 and 112
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. If your legs are just flabby (as opposed to too big) you can tone them and they will firm up.
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    I am about 5 feet and 99 pounds. My waist is tiny but my thighs and lower body...oh god. They are large for my petite frame! I think it's genetic though. When you lose weight, you lose fat overall and it is based on genetics on where you lose the most fat from. For me, I lost most of my weight on my upper body but NOT my lower body.

I guess we just have to do more exercises for the lower body while doing cardio to stimulate fat loss overall? :/
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think that kind of thing is largely determined by genetics. You are already at a pretty light weight, so losing more weight isn't going to help you like the way you look. I suspect that exercise is going to be the key - to build stronge muscles that look leaner rather than just flabbier if you only lose weight.
  • lenatuck
    lenatuck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    is being short and having big thighs like a huge genetic thing? I swear I don't know one person who is the same height and has slim thighs!
    (me included)! I hate it! >:(
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Lift Weights.. Squats, Lunges, step up's.. all will.

Also Eat.. Your body can't lose if you are not eating enough. Running and spinning burn a lot of calories.. and if you make the deficit too large, then you will have a hard time losing.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not the answer...you must EAT more and include strength training. I am pear shaped and have struggled with my thighs like most women. But at 5'3 and 112#, I can tell you that strength training and proper healthy eating is what allows me to have defined legs...I eat a lot now and never had strong legs until I started to fuel my body and stop starving myself. That's my two cents :flowerforyou:
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Lift Weights.. Squats, Lunges, step up's.. all will.

Also Eat.. Your body can't lose if you are not eating enough. Running and spinning burn a lot of calories.. and if you make the deficit too large, then you will have a hard time losing.
    Losing weight is not the answer...you must EAT more and include strength training. I am pear shaped and have struggled with my thighs like most women. But at 5'3 and 112#, I can tell you that strength training and proper healthy eating is what allows me to have defined legs...I eat a lot now and never had strong legs until I started to fuel my body and stop starving myself. That's my two cents flowerforyou

what they said.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Cardio made me lose weight but left me still soft. When I started heavy strenght training I saw a real difference on how my body look.

Go buy the new rules of lifting for women book and it will help you
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on a specific goal weight and focus on building some lean muscle mass. Im not talking about bulking out, but definition. It will "leave", but you have earn it. In short...LIFT, and Lift Heavy.
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i have same issues
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    A smaller weight also wasn't the answer for me.

I look better now at 110-112 pounds with firm, shapely legs (heavy lifting) than I did at 100 pounds with flabby legs (cardio and low calories). Pretty much wear the same size for everything, and my legs are actually 1" slimmer than they were at 100 pounds.