Should I go 7 days in a row?...or skip

Options
Hello, my Name is Rachael and I just recently have started a work out plan to lose about 25-30 pounds...Ive been working out 14 days in a row. I can already tell a difference! Especially in my legs. The only problem is im very tired lately. Am i working out too much?..I do a 30 min Cardio and then some abs and legs im at the gym an hour at the most. Is it too much for just starting out?

Help... I want to do this the right way :)

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Rest will help your body recover and rejuvenate you. Also be sure you're eating enough with all the burn you're doing. Pretty much everything I've read says a rest day is as important as the workout days
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you should give your body a rest. I work out 5 x a week and space my days off. Be sure your giving yourself enough time for your muscles to recover as well. it takes them about 48 + hours to recover from weights.
    good luck!
  • rpries
    rpries Posts: 3
    Options
    :smile: Thanks ladies...
  • BoilerMaker22
    BoilerMaker22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you're doing a tad too much. Since you're just starting, shoot for five days a week. Last year I tried going for seven days a week and about an hour and a half a day, and I got burned out about half way through my second week. Doing five days a week is plenty.

Like the others said, make sure you're eating your exercise calories. That'll help keep your metabolism up.

Welcome to the site :)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    you should give your body a rest. I work out 5 x a week and space my days off. Be sure your giving yourself enough time for your muscles to recover as well. it takes them about 48 + hours to recover from weights.
    good luck!

What about cardio several days in a row?
  • jtorres81
    Options
    Well, i was told to shock your body. Stop doing the same ol' routing and change it up and take a break. Your body needs time to recuperate and plenty of protein.
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Hello, my Name is Rachael and I just recently have started a work out plan to lose about 25-30 pounds...Ive been working out 14 days in a row. I can already tell a difference! Especially in my legs. The only problem is im very tired lately. Am i working out too much?..I do a 30 min Cardio and then some abs and legs im at the gym an hour at the most. Is it too much for just starting out?

Help... I want to do this the right way :)

If your feeling tired then your working out too much or eating too little to make up for your exercise. Personally, I've been working out 7 days a week for the last 5 months & feel fine. But I also drink lots of water, get enough sleep, eat at least half my exercise calories, eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, & lean meats, and make sure to eat a high protein meal after working out. Also, since I have a lot of weight to lose, I do primarily cardio (1hr) rotating between several machines & only do strength a couple times per week at most with rest days in between
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    good luck!

What about cardio several days in a row?

I do Cardio 5x a week, I usually do weights for 30 mins ( different body parts different days) and do 45 mins of cardio after weights. Everyday that I do cardio, I do some sort of weights first. I think the Cardio is fine to do several days in a row, but if your body is asking for rest, be sure to give it some!:flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The 30 minutes of cardio every day is a good idea, but you need to skip a day between working the same muscles- abs you can work every day. Alternate between working upper body and lower body.