Low impact exercises because of foot -- ideas?

Options
I fell a few months ago in my bathroom and hurt my foot. I'm taking an anti inflammatory and go for my follow up with the podiatrist on Thursday. I also have a mild bunion that had been aggravated by it. She said I can do low impact exercise but I miss doing Insanity and running. Any ideas on different exercises I could try or modifications? She did say water aerobics would be good but I'm terrified of water (pools). The area that can't take a lot of pressure is the bone on the outside of my left big toe.

Replies

• kathrynyoung71
    Options
    How about cycling?
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I injured both of my feet and the one thing that really helped was cycling. You can keep the resistance at a comfortable level while you are healing and increase it as necessary. This helped keep me in shape while I was on the mend :)
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Swimming, elliptical, rowing as well as the already mentioned cycling. Lots of options. Running certainly isn't the only thing out there.

ETA: I see swimming may not be your thing, but if you can't swim it is a good idea to learn for your own safety.
  • HealthyHoney30
    HealthyHoney30 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I forgot to mention I have a spin bike ... poor thing must be lonely. I've been staying with my mom since my sister passed away a couple of months ago and haven't been able to use it. Thanks again.