Hello

Options
Hey there, So after a huge shock to the system (heart attack in the family, and a diagnoses of diabetes within my immediate family) I decided I needed a lifestyle change. I am a mother of one (3 years old) and never managed to shift the baby weight, now I feel like I should put the effort in to lose some weight and become healthier all round. So TODAY I am trying to start a fresh, I'm going to quit smoking and make effort to get back into shape. I know I suck at dieting, and find finding time to exercise difficult, so any help and advice and support would be really appreciated! Thanks folks!

Replies

• stickybass
    Options
    hey there!
    i am newish to this to and after being told by my Dr to loose weight i joined My fitness pal.
    its a huge step deciding your ready to make the change, but its such a positive moment. just log everything you eat and try to remain positive and you will be fine! :smile:
    good luck on your journey!
  • Becka_D89
    Becka_D89 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks! you too! :D
  • bythebeach27
    bythebeach27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new here too - by exaclty one hour :)! I have a 3 year old too and am studying fulltime which does make it hard! Id suggest lots of water to help get things going! My mums group and I have started a fitness group which we do every weds evening for 45 minutes. Maybe you could do something similar. Its good for in the evenings or on weekends when you can get someone to mind your child. If not you could even take the kids to the park and let them join in or play a game of soccer or something! Good luck!
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Welcome to MFP - I have been using this for over a month and already I can feel the changes:) Everyone on here is so supportive and motivating - feel free to add me if you want some support and vice versa!
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me, I wish you the best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey a while and love MFP.

Feel free to add me for support.

Marie
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    you can add me for support - 115 days - lost 52 pounds
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    YES! Just in case you were wondering.... you can do this!
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Oooooo I need lots of supportive friends please, anyone feel free to add me :) Good luck to all of you x