This may sound silly, but...

Options
I have been living a sedentary lifestyle for a few years. Just 10 days ago I started to exercise again. In an attempt to counterract all the calories I ate today, I decided to do some exercise. I did some exercises with the Xbox kinect, burning 150 cals. Then I danced for an hour straight. Now I have pains in my arms and it seems my heart is beating really fast. I'm scared to go to sleep b/c I think I may have overdid the exercise. I do suffer from anxiety, so I'm wondering if this is just my anxiety and thoughts causing this or if you can die from exercising like that. Thanks!

Replies

• fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    I have been living a sedentary lifestyle for a few years. Just 10 days ago I started to exercise again. In an attempt to counterract all the calories I ate today, I decided to do some exercise. I did some exercises with the Xbox kinect, burning 150 cals. Then I danced for an hour straight. Now I have pains in my arms and it seems my heart is beating really fast. I'm scared to go to sleep b/c I think I may have overdid the exercise. I do suffer from anxiety, so I'm wondering if this is just my anxiety and thoughts causing this or if you can die from exercising like that. Thanks!

If it feels worse than the standard anxiaty attack feeling and going away when you relax for a while i would get my *kitten* to the hospital.

better safe than dead i say
  • ashleypage__
    Options
    It feels like anxiety...I don't feel pain...I just read that people who live a sedentary lifestyle & then suddenly exercise can have heart attacks :(
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ashley - you should talk to a health professional. I doubt anyone on here is going to be able to give you good enough advice.
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    if your not use to exercise your hr is going to stay elevated for awhile. id get a check up and ask what moderate exercise you should be doing, ive just got into exercise again but started off with two weeks of a power walk dvd then ive moved on to a little more intesnse exercise routine
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    It feels like anxiety...I don't feel pain...I just read that people who live a sedentary lifestyle & then suddenly exercise can have heart attacks :(

If you can relax it away dont worry if not hit the doctors.

Watch the internet googling of problems though.
    Ive googled a cold and been told i have stage 5 brain cancer. google is evil
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Watch the internet googling of problems though.
    Ive googled a cold and been told i have stage 5 brain cancer. google is evil

THIS! You'll only increase your anxiety asking opinions on the internet - talk to your doctor (and once this problem is sorted they can help you devise an exercise plan that will ease you in and means you will not have to worry and be anxious about your new healthy lifestyle)
  • ashleypage__
    Options
    Yes, I do know all about how I should'nt listen to Dr. Google. I've seen both a PCP & a cardiologist...had extensive tests done & both told me I don't need any restrictions exercising. My PCP actually told me I need to exercise everyday.