running shoes help please

Options
I was hoping some of you runners could recommend a good pair of running shoes. I get like 20 into my treadmill routine and my right foot starts to tingles and go numb, at 30 mins I usually cave cause I can't deal with the pain ..... any suggestion ???? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    It sounds like your shoes are too tight. Go to a good running store and have the sales person recommend a shoe based on how you walk/run. We have Running Fit where I live, and they are pretty fantastic there, very knowledgable.
  • lynmayo
    lynmayo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We have a store in Denver where they film you while you run with different types of shoes on and then tell you which pair had you running with the best form. It is more expensive but it may save you from some permanent problems down the road. Maybe they have something similar where you live. If not, the best shoes for you will depend entirely on your feet. The best shoes that I ever bought were a pair of Adidas gel-soled running shoes. The more expensive ones will give you more arch support but that may not be what you need. Find a store with a very flexible exchange policy and try running in different pairs until you find ones that don't cause that problem.
  • savanahspring
    Options
    I agree that you should go to a running store and they will help you, but make sure it's a running specific store and not just a sporting goods store. My personal opinion is that Saucony makes the BEST running shoes! I used to run 60-70 miles a week and NEVER had a problem. Good Luck!!
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    Do you have a shoe store near by that specializes in running shoes? You can discuss your concerns with them, they can look at your foot type and then recommend the shoe best suited for your type of foot to help correct the problems. I used to have the same problem but after changing shoe types and going to a 1/2 larger shoes it seemed to help.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Agree with others go to a RUNNING store... the store I went to was suggested by a runner friend. They measured both my feet, checked my arches, and videoed me walking and running. They even go over the video with you. They suggest the shoes they think would be best for you. It is more expensive, but definitely worth it if you're planning to put a lot of miles on them. I got mine at TrySports in SC. Know they have some other stores in the region, but not sure how "national" they are. I ended up with a pair of Brooks.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.:flowerforyou: Ive never heard of that type of store here . But then again I was never a big runner :smile: Hopefully I can find something that will work . I did have a pair of nike's a few years ago , at work i would literally walk 8 hrs a day. Maybe ill look into them again . Thanks for the suggestions !!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    If you try some shoes & find something you like, try zappos.com. Free shipping both ways, & thye have lots of choices.