Help! I need somebody...Help!

Options
Ahanaz
Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
Hi, I need help to improve my calorie intake without fast food/bread/pasta etc. I'm sensitive to Gluten so I'm avoiding that.

I started counting calories a little more than 2 weeks ago. Since I started counting I've been a bit scared of how much even the smallest things can have. So I check EVERYTHING I look at, how much it is so I don't get my daily goal in one single meal like I easily got before I started to count. (Checked how much calories a normal day for me before looked like, it was up to around 3k some days)

Since I started to check and compare the alternatives I'm thinking about in my meals, I've noticed I get more full on less food. I get as full on the 800 calories I got today for example, as I did on my 3k days 1 month ago. If not even fuller. Now I'm no longer craving to get something in my mouth as for 1 month ago. But I'm worried.

Now when I count and check and I choose the food with less calories in it on almost everything, I don't even get over 1k cals now. and that is without the training. And I've started to take morning walks and as of this week also some elliptical training.

Any ideas how I, in a healthy way, can get the 1200 at least before training inside my body each day?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, avocados, full fat cheese, 2% milk, greek yogurt
  • Ahanaz
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, avocados, full fat cheese, 2% milk, greek yogurt

You know any brand that is a nice greek yogurt? The once I've tried here in the US taste **** compared to what I'm used to.

Peanut butter I have at home, so that I could try to start with. Cheese is partly the reason why I am as I am today so I've tried to stay away from it. Maybe I can start a little again.

Thanks for the tips! :D
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Danone Oikos is a great greek yogurt.

And don't eat low cal... get higher fat versions (I eat omega 3 butter, cheese, 2% milk, bagels, almonds, rice, pasta etc, I even eat some low cal fast foods and I'm at 1620 cals a day when I don't exercise) 1200 cals is low if you were eating 3000 before.

try 1500-1600... especially if you exercise.

Your body is getting used to so little fuel and that's not good. You will get sick.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

You know any brand that is a nice greek yogurt? The once I've tried here in the US taste **** compared to what I'm used to.

I like Chobani
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to have some peanut butter sandwiched between rice cakes, yum. Avocado makes a great butter alternative.

Does anyone know how banans fare on the cals/energy matrix?
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    I count 100 calorie for 1 banana, so that's definitely gonna help you reach your goal at the end of the day. You could also make some home-made cookies with almonds, oats, dried berries, honey, etc. It will give you a nutrient boost and is more easily eaten as a snack than just the loose nuts. You can flavour them with cinnamon and nutmeg for extra health benefits associated with those spices. Store them in an air-tight container and eat them in the evening to reach your calories and nutrient macros.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    Up your oil intake, drizzle with it, add extra in dressings that stuff packs a wallop.

If you can have milk make smoothies adding nuts,oil and peanut butter. that will get you up pretty quick
  • Ahanaz
    Options
    Danone Oikos is a great greek yogurt.

And don't eat low cal... get higher fat versions (I eat omega 3 butter, cheese, 2% milk, bagels, almonds, rice, pasta etc, I even eat some low cal fast foods and I'm at 1620 cals a day when I don't exercise) 1200 cals is low if you were eating 3000 before.

try 1500-1600... especially if you exercise.

Your body is getting used to so little fuel and that's not good. You will get sick.

Yeah I will start to snack a little bit from today. 1200 might be low, but I do feel full and a lot better in general now. BUt yes I do realize I eat too little now. I think too much about what I eat so I have a hard time reaching that goal as it is right now.
  • Ahanaz
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for all your tips!

I'll start to snack a little, some fruit, maybe some of my favorite chocolate too :P Chocolate covered pomegranate. They say it's a good natural anti oxidant source. A yogurt when I come home from workout might be a good snack too. Again, Thank you everyone for all the tips! :flowerforyou:

chocolate-pomegranates.jpg