help lol

Options
I will be on day 3 of insanity tomorrow and my body is soo sore im afraid i wont be able to excersize! the recovery drink is too expensive through beach body and i take a whey shake after i work is there anything can do to ease this discomfort? Plus my eating habits are not good but i'm learning that might have something to do with it

Replies

• eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    stretching out the muscles and a hot bath might ease things, keep drinking lots of water.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    thank you i will def try drinking more water
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    Options
    I know your body is screaming at you but I PROMISE PROMISE if you start the workout slowly [even if its a little slower than the video] and you just keep pace with them but maybe don't push quite as hard at first within the first 5 to 7 minutes your body will be warm and all the soreness will go away.

It might also help if you did some light stretching before doing the workout.

I'm in the middle of week 3 and this is my first time EVER doing Insanity. I was crying the first week but I kept at it and I'm telling you for me personally, just a little light stretching and keeping the first 3 to 5 minutes a little slow but keeping pace with the video, the soreness faded once my muscles were warm.

If you're anything like me and a lot of other people, if you make it through the first 5ish days the soreness fades. Insanity doesn't get easier but the really bad soreness does fade.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    it will pass. It hurts like hell to put your body through that stress at first, but if you eat a bit better and take the other suggestions like stretching, staying well hydrated, and hot showers afterwardd, you will be fine if you can get through the first 5 to 7 days.
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    thanks a lot! I look forward to being past the first five to seven days! lol