Little NSV maybe but HUGE for me :)

Options
shannong311
shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
After 7 months of walking with a cane, and barely walking down the block before I started on MFP. I just successfully walked around the entire block cane free. I was carrying it though as a "just in factor" and people driving were slowing down and staring, which I thought was funny and was waiting for police to roll up. There is no way but up from here out. :)

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Woo hoo!!!! Great job
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep it up.
  • jendan44
    jendan44 Posts: 20
    Options
    This is a huge NSV. Congratulations.
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    `•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.• ⓦⓔⓛⓛ ⓓⓞⓝⓔ •._.••`¯´´•.¸¸.•`
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    That's massive! Well done :)
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Way to go! What a great feat!
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is not little at all - Well done!! This is a fantastic for you. Good luck on your continuing journey!!
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well done, did you have an accident? Good on you for getting up and trying and succeeding!!! Step by Step is all it takes..Keep up the good work..
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's not a LITTLE NSV; that is a BIG NSV! Good for you! You're right....no place to go but up from here!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! After breaking my left ankle and leg in 3 places in April 2011 I am very much aware of the accomplishment that this really is. You have made one huge step on your journey! Best of luck with all that comes next for you.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's huge!! I'm just getting used to not using mine. When I look accross the parking lot at how far I have to go to get to the door, I automatically think I can't do it without my wheelchair or cain, but I do it! Then I do a little dance in my head. :tongue:
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There's nothing small about improvement. Great job!!
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you. You will soon be running down the road.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You can only go ahead from here, next I will hear that you are jogging!!
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank all, I have had 3 back surgeries and knee surgery. It's been a rough 5 years...none of it was really from an accident either. I have DDD and severe arthritis. I have herniated a disc just by doing girl push-ups...But the support I get on here is overwhelming, and reading other people's similar stories has really motivated me to push past the mind set that it's hopeless. Can't stop smiling today...:)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    One meal at a time ..... one step at a time ...... one day at a time !

Enjoy your life !
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!!!!
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    way to go! That is awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!