officially hit onederland and 110 lbs lost!

Options
Today, I finally did it. I was starting to think that I would never do it lol. I weighed in at 199.6 on my scale today. My highest weight was 310lbs back in 2011 and lost to 290lbs then went to a bariatric Dr (because I knew after years and years of yo-yo dieting that I could never keep any weight loss off without help).Had lap band surgery Sept 20, 2011 weighing in at the surgical hospital at 283.5lbs. I have a lot of medical problems caused by a genetic condition (FXTAS), which is rare in women. I have a hard time exercising because it causes severe FMS symptoms (43% of women with the gene have symptoms of FMS) and I'm also being evaluated for thyroid disorder (50% of women with this gene have that and I have all the symptoms of hypothyroid). I'm telling you about this because even with all these issues, I have lost the weight to this point and I am going to lose the rest!
HitOnederlandJune52012.jpg

Replies

• mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations. With your positive outlook you can NOT lose this battle, only the weight. Good for you!
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Look at you? Is this fantastic or what?? No one can stop you now, not that they ever could. You are such an encouragement to those of us who can do more and we should be thankful every day and count all of our blessigs because it could be so much worse. Thanks for all you give to MFP.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Amazed...what more can I say? Keep it up!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!! :)
  • BitofFit1819
    Options
    How fantastic for you and such a wonderful motivation for all of us! Congrats!!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good Job!!! and great socks!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    ty everyone! I really am happy! I try to be positive but you know, everyone can be sad or feel bad every now and then and that is OK! I've suffered a lot of pain in my life but I don't let it keep me down too long! I'm really happy for every step that I take in the right direction:) I can't believe that I'm in the 190's again and next will be the 180's! Maybe by the end of July?? Congratz on all your weight loss too! Every successful journey begins with a single inch (or with a pound in this case!)!!!:drinker:
  • aprice3320
    aprice3320 Posts: 26
    Options
    That is totally fantastic!!! Great job!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!