EATING BEFORE WORKING OUT ?

Options
ok what is the best thing to eat before working out ?
or should you eat after?
i need help , most of the classes or times i go to the gym around 630 ...

help please:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ok what is the best thing to eat before working out ?
    or should you eat after?
    i need help , most of the classes or times i go to the gym around 630 ...

help please:flowerforyou:

am or pm? cardio or weights?

there is nothing wrong with workig out in a fasted state if you meant 630 am.
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    I am not sure what the right answer is but I work out first thing in the morning (around 05h00) and cannot do so on an empty stomach.....so I have a small dairy free home made fruit smoothie (banana & berry) before I start and then a protein shake as breakfast about 30-40 minutes after.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I work out around 6:30 every night and eat afterwards. I have to wait 1-2 hours after eating to work out but that's just me. Sometimes I do feel I need a pick me up so I have a Kashi granola bar around 4 or 5pm before I leave the office to push me through
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Before a bike ride, I usually eat a half peanut butter sandwich and a banana I wait about a half hour after eating it before heading out, and that seems to do me well.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body, the time (AM or PM) that you're working out and what type of workout you're doing. Some people NEED to eat something and others can't bear the thought....try a few different options and find out what works best for your body and your routine.

Most days I work out very early in the morning and rarely eat anything before, but some days I feel hungry, so I'll eat half of a protein bar (if I eat anything too big that early, its not going to stay down).