Life begins at 40

Options
My aim was to reach my target by the time I reached 40, well I've been maintaining for about 8 weeks now without tracking. I've just finished a week in Rhodes and turned 40, and have put the obligatory couple of pounds on, but that will soon shift.

Couldn't have done it without MfP !

Before
11805210_9121_thumb.jpg

Now
11805210_6090_thumb.jpg
11805210_4304_thumb.jpg

Replies

• amygaycheme
    Options
    awesome!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is so great to hear! So glad you've been able to maintain for 8 weeks...I'm sort of in that "maintaining...what do I do now" sort of stage and it can be rough! Happy 40th too! :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You actually look 10 yrs younger and your starting pics made you look much more middle-aged than late 30s.

You should be really proud of your achievements! :bigsmile:
  • hegiahazman
    hegiahazman Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    fantastic. I'm 41-- by 42 I want to lose my weight and take my big entrance exam to medical school. Yes, life can begin in one's forties and I won't let it pass me by!!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work. Remember, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!"
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    All the best on this milestone day!

And, congrats on the success you have seen!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I'm intending to lose all my weight in my 40's and I think with MFP's help i can finally do it!
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing - Happy Birthday to you!

That was the trigger that started my loss on here as well - I'll be turning 40 in August. It is a great motivator!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!