Have you tried???

Options
I was just going to throw out a tip.... How many of you drink while eating? I will drink up until I start eating and then I won't drink anything when I start eating and continue that for one hour after I eat. And then I drink like a fish. That way, your food stays with you longer.

Replies

• VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i have to drink while eating or i cant eat i have to wash my food down
  • feedingonrose
    Options
    ditto
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    ditto

Same here. Plus, drinking while eating a meal helps you to eat less, since the beverage takes up room in your stomach.
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I dont...might be repressed childhood thing "clean plate club" but when I know I'm about to eat I stop drinking until I'm finished my meal. Although its not always a clean plate these days :wink:
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am the same and its not washing it down due to it been gross its to help move it down even though i chew my food well i still feel it all catches in my throat.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My friend who had G/bypass, she can't drink during eating or for 30min after eating. But I have to drink while eating - washing down food & it helps fill me up faster.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    ditto

Same here. Plus, drinking while eating a meal helps you to eat less, since the beverage takes up room in your stomach.

What are you eating that is so gross you have to "wash it down"? Or am I misunderstanding?

Not because it's gross, but because food is sometimes dry. Unless I'm eating soup or watermelon, I get thirsty while I eat.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a glass of water before I eat, and another after. I can't drink during a meal - I'm one of those people who eats one food on her plate at a time, and I never remember to take sips in the middle. :P
  • LawyerGal1908
    LawyerGal1908 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to drink while I eat too! I did try to drink 60 oz of water this morning before my Atkins shake and OMG talk about full!!!
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    I tend to have a glass of water before I eat, and another after. I can't drink during a meal - I'm one of those people who eats one food on her plate at a time, and I never remember to take sips in the middle. :P

LOL I'm the same way :) I will have a glass of water with my meal but forget to take any sips until I'm done.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty and don't put that much thought into it otherwise. :drinker: