Heart Rate Monitor {HRM}

Options
I am wondering what do I need to look for in a HRM? Right now I can't afford a Polar so any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    I just ordered a Timex T5G941 (includes chest strap) from Newegg for $35. It got decent reviews and I can't wait to check it out!
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I got a Garmin FR60 HRM. It came with a chest strap and foot pod (like a fnacy pedometre that you strap to your shoe)
    I love it
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    I got mine at walmart! The cheaper sportsline ($28) works great. I've been using it 5-6 days a week since January and just had to replace the battery! Love love love it!!!! Makes you push harder by checking your heart rate and knowing when you're in the fat burning zone! You won't regret buying one!!! Best of luck! :-D
  • lifestylechallenge
    lifestylechallenge Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was to Walmart last night and the cheapest there was 59 I am in Canada so not sure where u are located.
  • lifestylechallenge
    lifestylechallenge Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Timex T5G941 (includes chest strap) from Newegg for $35. It got decent reviews and I can't wait to check it out!

Does it show how many calories is burned?
  • johnscat1981
    johnscat1981 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hsk71
    hsk71 Posts: 19
    Options
    Suunto M1 - Works like a charm and has everything you need for entry level! And cheaper than Polar. Love it!
  • NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    It tracks activity time and average/peak/minimum heart rate. There are a ton of websites to do the calculation of calories burned using this info and your height/weight/age. I'm happy to do that last step to save $$.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I found a Polar FT4 for $60 on amazon....just an FYI since the same model was $100 at target!