Using whey protein...

Options
Hey everyone! I would LOVE to know how you all out there are using whey protein. Meal replacement? After workouts? Mixing it in with other foods?

Replies

• momaimp
    momaimp Posts: 4
    Options
    I mix it into my smoothies. This morning I just added it to an Odwalla smoothie - big protein boost! But usually I'll make a smoothie with 6 - 8 oz milk, 1/3 c frozen fruit and a scoop of protein. Makes a great breakfast.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just started whey protein this week and I'm mixing it with a frozen banana an almond milk for breakfast

P.S. I LOVE Odwalla smoothies!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind. MuscleMilk is one that I only use as a meal replacement. Lean Body by Labrada or egg whites from www.eggwhitesint.com are a couple that I use as a meal and/or snack because they're lower in calories, carbs and fat but high in protein.

Basically, I drink it anytime I need some, but I pay close attention to what kind I use for what purpose.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have it as soon as I wake up, as soon as I get to my car from the gym and right before bed. I personally don't agree with replacing any meal with a liquid. All you have to do is eat the right things.
  • alemap67
    alemap67 Posts: 13
    Options
    I use whey protein isolate in my smoothies---frozen berries, banana, 1/2c plain nonfat yogurt and 1 scoop protein powder. deeelish
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want to get out of it. People either take it as a meal replacement or as I do for added protein throughout the day. Either way its good for you!!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I use it as a meal replacement and to get extra protein. Normally, I will make a protein smoothie for breakfast. Depending on my protein intake for the rest of the day, I may add a scoop to a glass of milk with dinner.