NSVs (2 in one day!)

cmm7303
cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
So, at 28 lbs down, I found out I had to have special clothes for a wok assignment tomorrow (specifically, steel-toed boots because I can't find mine). So, it was off to the dreaded Mall to pick up cheap boots.

While the people were looking for my size, I headed into the Lane Bryant across the walkway, to try on pants. The lady almost dismissed me out of hand because "You know we start at size 14, right?" Well, yes, I do. And the tight-jeans I had on are 14s. But whatever. I tried on 2 pairs of slacks and found them stupidly loose, so I went back and grabbed my shoes. On the way out, I say another store, that is very helpfully split between 14-24 and 1-13. I walked in to look at pants, and was again told that I couldn't possibly be a 14. When I assured them that I indeed, was, they were actually shocked. Huh.

So, I got home and started digging around in my "skinny clothes" box in the basement. I fit into all of my 14s! I'm still 10 lbs heavier than I was when I wore them last, and they fit MUCH better now than they ever did before. So, I scored about 10 pairs of "new" pants, without having to pay for them. :) Sweet!

All that goes to say that tomorrow, I will be heading to work in ugly boots, yes, but in LOOSE 14s, and I will look fantastic.

Replies

• UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Fantastic job!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Love this! I always love hearing about others' clothing NSVs...I mean scale victories are great, but sometimes the non-scale clothing ones are just more awesome! WTG! :)
  • MummaKrissy
    MummaKrissy Posts: 5 Member
    AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!