P90X / INSANITY workouts?

Options
Just wondering if antone does P90X or Insanity and if so how do you log them in your activity?

Replies

• kmrudisel
    kmrudisel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Log onto www.p90xcalories.com
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Honestly.......wear a heart rate monitor.....or even a bodybugg/fitbit. That is the only way you are going to get a reasonably close estimation.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Honestly.......wear a heart rate monitor.....or even a bodybugg/fitbit. That is the only way you are going to get a reasonably close estimation.

^^^ Truly the only way to get an accurate burn. Different body types will react differently when exercising.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I just tried the website, but it did not open.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options

^^^^ This
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I don't bother to log any of my workouts into MFP. I just report them as done on my wall/feed.
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Insanity burn can be approximated quite well using a heart rate monitor.

The strength training portions of P90X are (supposedly) not estimated as accurately by heart rate monitors. P90X was design to burn an average of 600 calories per workout, so that would be a very rough guideline. www.p90xcalories.com is a decent approximate, too.

Personally, I take my HRM readout for P90X strength training and eat back about half of what it tells me.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. I burn 400-900 calories per workout.
  • AndreaL0918
    AndreaL0918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When you go to www.p90xcalories.com, click on the privacy policy and in that you'll find somewhere you can click on "P90x calories" and it will take you to the calculator! I just checked it out because I had been wondering the same. I don't own an HRM either.
  • cme73
    cme73 Posts: 2
    Options
    Log onto www.p90xcalories.com

I can't get into the website!
  • AndreaL0918
    AndreaL0918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When you go to www.p90xcalories.com, click on the privacy policy and in that you'll find somewhere you can click on "P90x calories" and it will take you to the calculator! I
  • kmrudisel
    kmrudisel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry, p90xcalories.com
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I pick out something from the cardio menu and enter the amount of time that I worked out. You can find 'weight training" under cardio to figure out the burn for that. Today I wore a heart rate monitor which told me the amount of calories that I burned, so I entered it in cardio-aerobics (high intensity) with a time that gave me the correct amount of calories burned.
  • whiteboy7255557
    whiteboy7255557 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you or all the responses, it helped alot.