Heart Rate Moniters

Options
Hey everyone,

I have been interested in getting a heart rate moniter for quite some time now but haven't been willing to throw the money at it. Can I get some opinions on what brands I should look into? I have no idea where to start. I'm not looking to spend tons of money but I want a decent one that can track my workouts/calories burned, etc.

Please help!!

Replies

• NotParis
    NotParis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Look at Polar, they have all kinds, starting with basic all the way up to advanced, Make sure that they one you want has the calorie counter on it though, some of them don't. I got mine on Amazon for a reasonable price.
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    I just bought a new Polar FT7 & love it. I had an older F7 but the newer version is nicer with user changeable batteries in the watch and stra and the ability to track whether you are in the fitness zone or fat burning zone. I bought from heartratemonitorsusa.com. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll get a 5% off coupon code so it'll be around $78 plus free shipping. You can get this model cheaper in different colors but the also have a few cheaper Polars depending on features you want.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased the Polar FT7 in red :) hasn't come yet, but the description was one of the best especially for the price! It was hard to find a HRM that also shows how many calories are burned.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 and I love it. It tracks time, calories burned and updates your heart rate constantly. The chest band is so comfy, I can't even feel it! I def. reccommend it.
  • crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Also interested in an HRM that has some interactions with iphone... any suggestions?
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    Polar are good but id look for one with an over the shoulder strap,
    mine slips down when i bounce
  • JamieDoane
    Options
    I have a Polar and I am addicted to it. If I forget to wear it when I go to work out I am lost. This is how nuts I am about my heart monitor Polar (F7 I think). I put it on when I get up in the morning and start monitoring and leave it on until I go to bed to determine how many calories I have burned and that is how many calories I will set as my calories goal for the next day. If I am trying to reduce my weight I many eat less calories than I burned the day before.

I found the best price is online through Amazon.:bigsmile:
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    As all said! Polar are really popular and give u an accurate results..

I got my first HRM 1 month ago, it is Polar FT40 and it is awesome! they sell in on eBay around 95usd!!
  • garfield2099
    Options
    Polar and a few make HRM that are bluetooth compatible - if they are they will allow you to connect to your Iphone - Android - smartphones. Do take a look as there are several that work with apps like endomondo for tracking HR as well.

I personally have the FT40 and love it - tells you when you are in fat burning or fitness and you can work accordingly to what you want - need!
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question. I'm interested in a HRM also. Everyone's post helped a lot. Was looking at the Polar brand and I am considering it for purchase after reading your comments.
  • chantalm15
    chantalm15 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Polar FT7 and I love it! It has calories burned, heart rate, fitness vs. fat burning zone and it stores your training logs up to like 100 workouts or something it's awesome and not overwhelming! Amazon is a great place to get them!
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • mkat17
    mkat17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input guys. I am new to posting on fitpal and couldn't find my original post until now...months later :( I am getting back into things, once again, and plan on purchasing a polar! Thanks for all your help!
  • kgebelle14
    Options
    For the FT7 - do you have to wear a chest strap with it? Or does the "watch" portion the only thing?

I was going to get the FT4 but from what i read - you have to wear a chest strap and i'm not really diggin that idea.

Thoughts, imput, reviews?