Options
    so true. cant imagine running in rubber toe socks :-/
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    I hate wearing shoes. I don't notice when I'm wearing VFF. (aside from when I put them on, obviously)
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Vibrams. Are. Awesome.

I love mine.
    Even though there are times when it takes longer to put them on than a wet bathing suit that's 2 sizes too small.
    But once these puppies are ON, they're fa-a-a-a-a-a-bulous.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't knock it til you try it! :D
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    got some.....there not for everyone....make sure you size them right, and dont ever have any foot swelling. but they are fun to run/jog in, also it takes a touch of effort two get all your toes in the right holes. but if you got a "wobly" ankle or to when you run/jog they help tons somehow...also if your ankle is "wobly" dont run at night...learned that the hard way::sniffles::::
  • lesliesmmmacres
    Options
    Vibrams are THE SHOE! I was turned on to them by someone that wears them every day, to work & play....so I bought my first pair a few weeks ago...I can already tell a difference and I am just getting past the initial starting period...but I ran two miles in them last night and I love them!!! Go Five Fingers!!!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I kinda want a pair..........but wouldn't want to wear them where people could see me.
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    I kinda want a pair..........but wouldn't want to wear them where people could see me.

Why? They're a great conversational piece. Also, they're so ugly, they're actually cute :smile:
  • leilanieann
    leilanieann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :love: I would never wear shoes if the whole world had wrestling mats with holes cut in it for the trees :) I have a couple of pairs of Vibrams and I love them the closest thing to being bare footed and you can wear them everywhere. I use mine to run in, go out on the boat in and then go to the grocery store on the way home in.
  • sarabeth40
    sarabeth40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've wanted a pair for 3 years. Four different times I have gone in and tried them on but cannot get them on my feet. My pinky toe tries to cram itself in the wrong slot. Took me a half hour last time and I still never got them on correctly. However, the FILA skeletoes, while not as awesome, fit nicely and I bought 3 pair for the price of the vibrams.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im really really happy with my current shoes, which have a quarter inch or less of a sole. I love feeling the sidewalk cracks under my toes when Im running.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have the new balance minimus trail running shoes that vibrams designed. i use those for lifting and trail running. did my first spartan race this weekend with them.

i also have the new balance minimus sneakers for regular running.
  • yoovie
    Options
    what color are they now?
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i have the new balance minimus trail running shoes that vibrams designed. i use those for lifting and trail running. did my first spartan race this weekend with them.

i also have the new balance minimus sneakers for regular running.
    definitely a good alternative. i have the orange ones :D
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what color are they now?

orange
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I saw those shoes at the store and thought they looked so weird. Not something I would wear...
  • yoovie
    Options
    what color are they now?

orange

not mud-colored?
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I also love my vibrams (blue/yellow). I am a beginner but hate wearing shoes anywhere so got a pair to try. I am the only one at my small gym that wears them, but I don't care they are comfy and the only "runners" that haven't given me blisters