Ok I am addicted!!

Options
I know there is a challenge going to help people from doing this BUT I am one that needs to do so. I have to weigh in every morning. I got sick around the beginning of the month and was down almost 25 lbs, I was working out everyday and was doing really well then I got the horrible chest cold and haven't been able to do anything until last week I felt well enough that I could of BUT I couldn't seem to find the motivation to get back at working out and eating healthy so here I am a week later and I need to get back at it, today has been a good eating day but now I need a kick in the rear to get my workout done, I have gained back 6 lbs this month from being sick with chest cold/not eating right/not working out and I am not happy about it but it is my own fault. So now that I have rambled on long enough my point of this is I am going to post my weight everyday. I weigh the same time everyday with about the same amount of clothes on.

Starting MFP: 254.6
weight 2day: 235.8

Replies

• abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I know there is a challenge going to help people from doing this BUT I am one that needs to do so. I have to weigh in every morning. I got sick around the beginning of the month and was down almost 25 lbs, I was working out everyday and was doing really well then I got the horrible chest cold and haven't been able to do anything until last week I felt well enough that I could of BUT I couldn't seem to find the motivation to get back at working out and eating healthy so here I am a week later and I need to get back at it, today has been a good eating day but now I need a kick in the rear to get my workout done, I have gained back 6 lbs this month from being sick with chest cold/not eating right/not working out and I am not happy about it but it is my own fault. So now that I have rambled on long enough my point of this is I am going to post my weight everyday. I weigh the same time everyday with about the same amount of clothes on.

Starting MFP: 254.6
    weight 2day: 235.8
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Sick weight loss comes back fairly easily, so don't fret too much :flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I was moving for the last two weeks so had no kitchen to work with and basically used that as an excuse to eat crap. And work got so busy that I didn't have time to get in my daily workout. I put on 5lbs in two weeks! How is it that it goes off so slow and comes back so fast?

I weight myself every day too cause it keeps me on track when I do it. When I don't do it, that's when I get like I did last week.

I say go for it! and I might even join you :happy:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hugs girl!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better and don't get too upset....you do what you're planning, the eating right and exercise it will come off soon! Don't fret too much you body went through a lot being sick like that!!

I'm rooting for you!!!
    hugs,
    Ali
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I started the not look at the scale challenge but, like you, I need to weigh every morning to stay on track. Here's mine:

Started MFP: 178
    4-28-08: 161
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    ab....join us. Come over to the dark side.

come over......
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/11093-the-scale-or-lack-thereof-challenge-round-2
    :smokin:

I'm tellin you, you'll be happier for it.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you're killing me steve! lol....
  • abetterme
    Options
    Scale this morning 234.2:smile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'm with you. I started the not look at the scale challenge but, like you, I need to weigh every morning to stay on track. Here's mine:

Started MFP: 178
    4-28-08: 161
    4-29-08: still 161
  • abetterme
    Options
    4-30-08 ---- 233.4

It is amazing how the scale will go down if you stay away from all of the chocolate and junk.:laugh:
  • mommared53
    Options
    WOOHOO!! Good for you and good for me!

4-29-08: 161
    4-30-08: 160.2

That's what I'm talkin' about! :happy:
  • evjazz
    evjazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale junkie too! I decided to just work harder to make sure it doesn't spike up. Except for TOM it is fairly consistently going down (even by ounces) daily. I know it's torture, but for me, I like to know where I'm at. Call me controlling!:smile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    WOOHOO!! Good for you and good for me!

4-29-08: 161
    4-30-08: 160.2

That's what I'm talkin' about! :happy:

Ok, this morning was 160.6 but I went to Arby's with my son last night so I'll get those extra four ounces plus the 2 existing ones off by tomorrow morning. You betcha.
  • mommared53
    Options
    This morning back down to 160.2. Down hill from here.
  • abetterme
    Options
    I have been sick since late Wednesday night and am just now feeling better. My scale isn't going to be right for a while cause of the fluid loss but I am still going to post.

last Wed: 233.4
    today : 226.0
  • mommared53
    Options
    I have been sick since late Wednesday night and am just now feeling better. My scale isn't going to be right for a while cause of the fluid loss but I am still going to post.

Welcome back. I wondered what happened to you. Glad you're feeling better.

5-2-08: 160.2
    5-5-08: 158.6

Good luck to all of us. :flowerforyou:
  • abetterme
    Options

I knew it would go up I am just wonder now how much??:smile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    5-5-08: 158.6
    5-6-08: 159.6

:grumble: I went up a pound too and I haven't even been sick. :grumble: