Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

exercise to help lose belly fat?!?! HELP

Can you name some exercises to help me lose belly fat? I already walk daily (cant run yet). So any help or ideas to help me target my stomach area that my weight range can easily do (lol like i cant do v crunches). Thank you in advance and i hope this will help others also!!

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    You can't spot-reduce. Sorry. Most of us lose the fat in our bellies last, and we just have to take the long road and accept that the belly fat will go last.

You CAN work to reduce your overall body fat percentage, and that means core work, resistance training, and a good balanced diet. That will make the belly go away a little faster because ALL the fat is going away a little faster. And when you're done, you'll have a toned buff bod that the guys will die for.

And you CAN do crunches. Maybe they are little teeny things like we all start out with, but damn it, IT'S A CRUNCH AND IT COUNTS. Take credit where credit is due. Start with what you can do, concentrate on proper form, and you will be able to go further and harder each time you do them. Eventually, you'll be saying this exact same thing to someone else who claims they "can't do crunches". ;)

Core work is hard work, but it pays off big.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    You can't spot-reduce. Sorry. Most of us lose the fat in our bellies last, and we just have to take the long road and accept that the belly fat will go last.

You CAN work to reduce your overall body fat percentage, and that means core work, resistance training, and a good balanced diet. That will make the belly go away a little faster because ALL the fat is going away a little faster. And when you're done, you'll have a toned buff bod that the guys will die for.

And you CAN do crunches. Maybe they are little teeny things like we all start out with, but damn it, IT'S A CRUNCH AND IT COUNTS. Take credit where credit is due. Start with what you can do, concentrate on proper form, and you will be able to go further and harder each time you do them. Eventually, you'll be saying this exact same thing to someone else who claims they "can't do crunches". ;)

^^^^^^^THAT ^^^^^^ For the most part from what I have seen is face is the first to lose fat and stomach is the last
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Quoted for truth. When I started my crunches were little more than a very slight movement on my part. Now I take a 30 min crunch class twice a week and I feel like a pro, You can do it!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    big daddy is right.. abs r made in the kitchen.. its so hard when u love food....
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN

That's very true! But you gotta put some work into the muscles if you want them to develop.

Lose the Captain Crunch and BECOME Captain CRUNCH.
  • So when you say abs are made in the kitchen what does that mean? what kind of food ideas are good for that? what should be eliminated?
  • You can't spot-reduce. Sorry. Most of us lose the fat in our bellies last, and we just have to take the long road and accept that the belly fat will go last.

THIS hits everything right on!

Mandi_2007 - work on getting your nutrition in check. Nutrition makes your abs, not just your core work. Good nutrition is like putting fuel in your car. If you car gets bad gas, you know how it runs slugglsihly? Same with food!

Good nutrition and walking daily will help FOR STARTERS. If you need more help, let me know, I'll be happy to help. :)
  • mistebolden
    mistebolden Posts: 6 Member
    @packergirl200, abs start in the kitchen means eat clean, cut out the processed foods. I was told to do this and when I started I was amazed at how fast my energy rose, and weight fell.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Strength training will help alot as well, muscle burns calories, the more muscle your have the more calories you burn. Your metabolism speeds up and burns with more muscle. Not saying you have to be a bodybuilder ( I know most women don't want to look like Arnold) however nothing wrong with building on the muscle you have and toning it. So basic excersices like squats, chest press, and pull ups (assisted if need be) will all help. Other than that everything that has been said already is also very true.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Belly fat comes off when it wants to, not when we want it to. It used to be the 2nd place the fat would come off when I was younger (chest is usually the first to go, unfortunately), but now that I'm post menopausal, I'm losing everywhere except the belly.

I know this sounds silly, when you are looking to get rid of the fat completely, but my advice is, while you're waiting for the diet and exercise to finally get around to the belly, you should keep pulling your stomach muscles in every chance you get, any time you remember -- walking, sitting at your desk, exercising. We do it unconcisously when we are around someone we find attractive, but we should do it for ourselves to feel good! Back when I was a teen, Mom and the gym & health teacher would always tell us don't slouch, don't cross your legs, stand up straight, pull the stomach in, pull the fanny in, hold your head high, remember your posture. Yeah, like we really listened. But you know what, it's never too late to follow that advice, and believe it or not, even if the fat is coming off slowly and not where we want it, we gain muscle control and look thinner! The tummy muscles especially. When I get up in the morning, and my tummy muscles are all relaxed, I look like I've got a big watermelon under my skin. I remember to pull in that gut often during the day, and by the evening it's staying in pretty much on it's own.
  • thank guys! im already eating the best i know how, oatmeal, lots of fruit n veggies, skinless chicken n grilled salmon, and whole wheat. I walk daily and trying to do the "sweatin to the oldies" but my stomach just doesnt wanna move lol, but we'll see what its measurements are in another 3 months...but thanks again to everybody!!!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    When you lose weight, you lose from top down. Gravity at work! So the face is the first to lose, usually.

For women, we hold weight in our bellies and thighs - basically, good fat stores for baby production (even if we don't want babies!) And after you've had a baby, it's fat stores in case of MORE baby production! Sometimes being a girl SUCKS!

But if you focus on a good combo of cardio and strength training, the weight will come off!

Stay at it! :flowerforyou: