WATER QUESTION

Options
astuderus
astuderus Posts: 31 Member
I am at the beginning of this very long journey and I was just wondering if the amount of water I am taking in is ok?

I am drinking four, 24oz water bottles a day.

Just thought I would check!

Thanks!

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I just started to but I drink 4 or 5 24 oz bottles a day. It recommends not going under 8 cups but going over on water I think is okay.
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The latest research I've read on drinking 8 cups of water a days is that is such much hokum. When you think about it, your body is pretty darn good about telling you when you are thirsty. Over time, your body will regulate your water intake so that it gets as much water as you need on a daily basis. Recent studies have shown that as man, if not more people are injured by drinking too much water (in marathons for example) than by not drinking enough. Just listen to your body and you should be fine.
  • snipes777
    snipes777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ^ True
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The latest research I've read on drinking 8 cups of water a days is that is such much hokum. When you think about it, your body is pretty darn good about telling you when you are thirsty. Over time, your body will regulate your water intake so that it gets as much water as you need on a daily basis. Recent studies have shown that as man, if not more people are injured by drinking too much water (in marathons for example) than by not drinking enough. Just listen to your body and you should be fine.

This is the same thing I've heard. I heard the same thing about some people are actually overhydrating -- especially while working out. I heard someone found the original 8 glasses recommendation and even that mentioned that the 8 glasses of water is equivalent to a gallon of fluid you receive from all your foods (food, juice, coffee, etc.).
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I always have a bottle of water in my hand and could not tell yu exactly how much i drink!.........Chug a Lug!:drinker:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I am drinking four, 24oz water bottles a day.
    If you are a small person, not doing any exercise, eating foods with a high water content and living in a cool climate it's far too much.

If you're a big person, doing a lot of exercise, living in a hot dry climate, living on dry crackers or whatever, it's nowhere near enough.

If ANYBODY tells you a certain volume of water is the amount everyone should be drinking, that tells you they're dangerously ill informed - ignore that advice and treat with great suspicion any other advice they give you.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There is not a correct set amount to drink. The best thing to guage if you are drinking enough water to do use the urine color chart.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, of course, but I am at my best when I have all my water (96 ozs - I have a 32 oz bottle that I try to do 1 in morning, 1 in afternoon, 1 in evening.

But as you see from the above posts, everyone will tell you something different. Everybody IS different.

I read once to do the 8 glasses a day plus another glass for every 10 lbs overweight you are.

Do what works for you. Water can also help you feel fuller.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I probably drink too much water. I think it is helping me lose weight by actually being hydrated though. I think it is a "to each their own" though.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    You will know if it is too much/too little by just paying attention to yourself on days you drink that much or under it. ... I drink about 18 - 25 cups of water a day and really notice if I did not get enough. Also, I live in a dry & hot area, am running around a lot and weigh a lot, so it is very noticeable to me if I drink too little.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I drink half my weight in ounces of water...so 62 ounces per day.
  • jazzlilies
    jazzlilies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have read in several books that 1/2 your body weight is the recommended daily water goal. There have been days when I reached my water goal and later that night just before bed craved more water!! So...for me I feel safe drinking 1/2 my weight in water. It does make a WORLD of difference in how much I eat daily and how much energy I have too!!!