My lunch stunk!

Options
I think of two things each day....from 8am to 12pm I think about lunch (partially because it's a break from work, but also because I'm HUNGRY) and from 1pm to 5pm I think about getting off work and eating dinner (again for the same reasons).

So I am so bummed that my lunch wasn't good at all, I am not satisfied and I am still a little hungry! Today is grocery day, so pickings were really slim for lunch today. I grabbed the last two pieces of bread (the heels, yuck) and had peanut butter and jelly. My peanut butter is pretty low and it's natural so it's kind of hard at the bottom and the stupid plastic spoons at work aren't strong enough to dig it out, so I barely got a tablespoon full. The bread was stale and very crumby, and the only other thing I had to eat was 10 tortilla chips (stupid serving size).

And of course today is a non-gym day so I don't have any exercise calories to afford a snack....hopefully I won't be starving by 5 and end up buying the whole grocery store! I just had to get that off my chest:laugh:

Replies

• cc_campbell81
    Options
    what about having a snack, then going for a walk sometime today? You shouldn't let yourself feel starved, it might lead to overeating (and overspending at the grocery store!). Maybe eating a little closer together might help. 5 hours between meals may be too much for you.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm sorry!
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    I HATE it when that happens! I'm glad to see I am not the only one who is always planning my next meal! :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but where I work, I'm allowed to eat at my desk. So I do! I feel like I'm constantly eating (and people look at me like they think that too! :laugh: ). Right now I'm munching on carrots. 2 hours ago I was eating an apple & peanut butter (which was the 2nd part of my breakfast I got delayed eating), 2 hours from now I'll be eating my lunch (steamed broccoli & a veggie burger patty because I had no leftovers to bring). I try to keep things on hand that I can snack on that are low in calories. For instance, these carrots have 53 calories for 4.5 ounces so I brought 4.5 ounces to work with me. I keep peanut butter at my desk so I can add a tablespoon to whatever fruit I brought for the day in case I need a protein-pick-me-up. Sometimes in the afternoon I'll just eat a tablespoon of peanut butter by itself as a boost.

I just know from experience that if I let myself get too hungry at work, I'll definitely overeat when I get home.

I'm sorry your lunch stunk. :ohwell:
  • jsignorino3
    Options
    Here's a tip for the natural peanut butter....put it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it softens up so you can get it out.

Sorry about your lunch!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    what about having a snack, then going for a walk sometime today? You shouldn't let yourself feel starved, it might lead to overeating (and overspending at the grocery store!). Maybe eating a little closer together might help. 5 hours between meals may be too much for you.

I would love to go for a walk, but I just don't have time today. After work I have to run an errand, grocery shop, make dinner and then we're having company over tonight. I do have enough calories, for a PM snack, so maybe if it gets TOO bad I'll make that a late afternoon snack. The problem is, I try to save my snack calories for after dinner because most nights I go nuts without a snack and I am surrounded by food. At least at work, food is not as accessible.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    Here's a tip for the natural peanut butter....put it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it softens up so you can get it out.

Sorry about your lunch!!

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time. I am new the natural peanut butter.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but where I work, I'm allowed to eat at my desk. So I do! I feel like I'm constantly eating (and people look at me like they think that too! :laugh: ). Right now I'm munching on carrots. 2 hours ago I was eating an apple & peanut butter (which was the 2nd part of my breakfast I got delayed eating), 2 hours from now I'll be eating my lunch (steamed broccoli & a veggie burger patty because I had no leftovers to bring). I try to keep things on hand that I can snack on that are low in calories. For instance, these carrots have 53 calories for 4.5 ounces so I brought 4.5 ounces to work with me. I keep peanut butter at my desk so I can add a tablespoon to whatever fruit I brought for the day in case I need a protein-pick-me-up. Sometimes in the afternoon I'll just eat a tablespoon of peanut butter by itself as a boost.

I just know from experience that if I let myself get too hungry at work, I'll definitely overeat when I get home.

I'm sorry your lunch stunk. :ohwell:

Yeah I can eat at my desk, though for whatever reason I don't plan very many snacks for at work. I think because, I work out at night, so I am afraid that if I eat a snack at work and then for whatever reason don't make it to the gym, then I'll be over on calories. But if I plan the snack for at night, then if I don't make it to the gym then I won't have already had the snack.

I've also noticed, when I DO have a snack at work, I often forget about it. It seems like it's only when I have nothing that I am soooo hungry.