Another BMR question PLZ help

Options
Heys guys,

After reading a lot of topic about BMR, i'm more confuse than ever !

Here's the situation:

My BMR 1352
My TDEE 2095 (moderate exercice 3-5 days a week)

What I understand is that I need to cut 500 calories a day from my TDEE to lose a pound a week. (plz tell me if im wrong)
So i'm supposed to eat 1595 right ?

I have a fitness and diet journal (little black book) where I can write everything I eat and what exercice I do. I have to set a daily food goal and I assume that number will be 1595 (TDEE - 500 calories)

The thing is, at the end of my day, there is a formula to complet so I can record my net calorie deficit. Here's the formula:

Calories consumed - Calories Used = Net calories - BMR = Net calorie deficit.

My FATAL QUESTION : which number should I place in this BMR column ?!!!
1- 1352 which is my BMR
2- 2095 which is my BMR calculated with exercice (TDEE)
3- OR 1595 which is TDDE -500 calories....

plz feel free to take a look at this link : http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/images/1593596707/ref=dp_otherviews_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&img=5

Its a preview of the page I have to fill...

Thanks everyone !!

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I can't read the detail on that page but do you HAVE TO fill out that log? I think all you need to know is you want a 500 calorie deficit per day and that means you get to take in 1595. ?
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    why don't you jsut set your mfp cals to 1595 and let them do it. I think you're making this too hard.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You're spot-on with the food amount. If your TDEE is 2095, 1595 is a perfect target.

As for that form, judging by the context, I'm assuming that by "Calories used", they're referring only to what you did from activity throughout the day (be it exercise, whatever), but NOT including your BMR. so if you think your TDEE was 2095, that's 743 calories from whatever activity you performed during the day, and 1352 from your BMR. Assuming you ate 1595 calories, your boxes would look like:

1595 - 743 = 852 - 1352 = -500
  • minimary16
    minimary16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You guys are SOO right, Im making this TOO hard... i'm a control freak lol !

I did what neaneawy said and change manually my goal on mfp.

Just to be sure.. if I eat 1595 calories per day do I still substract my workout ?? ( do I absolutely need to eat back all my exercice??!)

Because in the past few weeks i've set my goal at 1380 and it was kind of hard to reach it ( always at 1100 or 1200 (sometimes even lower than that... only for food) I'm losing about 300 calories when I workout, 5 times a week.

I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks and i'm scare if I eat 1595 calories a day, i'll gain weight. Do you think I should keep my 1350 goal (which was calculate with a light exercice TDEE)
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You guys are SOO right, Im making this TOO hard... i'm a control freak lol !

I did what neaneawy said and change manually my goal on mfp.

Just to be sure.. if I eat 1595 calories per day do I still substract my workout ?? ( do I absolutely need to eat back all my exercice??!)

Because in the past few weeks i've set my goal at 1380 and it was kind of hard to reach it ( always at 1100 or 1200 (sometimes even lower than that... only for food) I'm losing about 300 calories when I workout, 5 times a week.

I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks and i'm scare if I eat 1595 calories a day, i'll gain weight. Do you think I should keep my 1350 goal (which was calculate with a light exercice TDEE)

Depends on how you came up with that TDEE number of 2095. You mentioned "(moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)" after that number in your original post. If you're already counting the calories burned from that many workouts, then you should not log those exercises separately in your diary on MFP. Otherwise, you're getting double credit for those calories burned, and would end up eating too much.
  • minimary16
    minimary16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did BMR x 1.55 and came up with 2095.

Would that be better if I don't count TDEE and calculate everything only with the BMR ?
    For example : BMR 1352 - 500 calories (food and exercice combined)