Water Weight???

Options
How much is normal for your weight to fluctuate from day to day, with things like water retention and the like. I have been doing a little test to see how my weight moves from day to day, and it can really go from just a few ounces up one day to like 3 or 4 pounds, but then I always end up at my lowest number recorded. I guess my question is should your weight stay the exact same number all the time, or should it differ from day to day.
If the latter is true, how do you ever really know your true weight?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    up to 5 lbs up or down day to day. 5 lbs is pretty extreme, but it's happened to me on rare occation. Usually 2 to 3 lbs is normal intraday.
  • MLR1SN
    MLR1SN Posts: 17
    Options
    Just depends on what else is going on in your body (physiologically) 5 pounds seems like a lot of weight. Weigh yourself in the a.m. after you go to the bathroom... maybe you will get better results.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Just depends on what else is going on in your body (physiologically) 5 pounds seems like a lot of weight. Weigh yourself in the a.m. after you go to the bathroom... maybe you will get better results.

I do always weigh myself 1st thing in the morning, after bathroom, I have always heard that would be your true weight. So should I assume that the lowest number I always seem to go back to to be my true weight?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    up to 5 lbs up or down day to day. 5 lbs is pretty extreme, but it's happened to me on rare occation. Usually 2 to 3 lbs is normal intraday.

it happens to me from morning to night. i imagine it is water and food weight!
  • brownidbabe
    brownidbabe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your water weight is also going to vary with your diet. On days that I have had more salt than normal I tend to have a higher weight. I base my weight off of the first morning weight and then leave it at that or else I get frustrated.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That is why they say only wt in once a week or everyother week; at the same time with the same scale.