Runners - any races coming up?

Options
Hey there!

Super new to these boards, but am looking for other runners. I have now run 4 1/2 marathons and am looking to do the Goofy Challenge this January at Disney (it's the 1/2 marathon on a Saturday, then the full marathon the very next morning). My next "big" race is the Tower of Terror 10 miler in September, and I try to run about 5-7 miles every other night.

So...hi!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I just finished a half back in May. I have a 5k coming up this Sunday and then three more halfs in September and October.

Then full training begins for next May.
  • amylyork
    amylyork Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I finished my first half back in March. I'm going to do my next half in December. Not many fun runs here in Texas during the summer. It's broiling hot and humid!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of training for my first 1/2 in the fall! I'm looking at some small races to get the experience. I might do the color run coming to my town in July and I'm for sure doing the 9/11 Hero's run in September. I'm still looking! Any good sites to find local races?
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have 2 5ks this month, a half and a 4mi, next month, a warrior dash and maybe a tough mudder in September. Who knows what else I just kinda run them as they show up on my radar.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am running the Lawyers Have Heart 10k this Sunday in DC! It is my "anniversary" run...the first race I ever trained for! Since then I have done 2 1/2 marathons and 2 10 milers. I am also doing the army 10 miler in October and my next 1/2 will be the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon!
  • RoonieV
    RoonieV Posts: 19
    Options
    I finished my first half back in March. I'm going to do my next half in December. Not many fun runs here in Texas during the summer. It's broiling hot and humid!
    Same here in Florida, haha ;)
  • RoonieV
    RoonieV Posts: 19
    Options
    I am running the Lawyers Have Heart 10k this Sunday in DC! It is my "anniversary" run...the first race I ever trained for! Since then I have done 2 1/2 marathons and 2 10 milers. I am also doing the army 10 miler in October and my next 1/2 will be the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon!
    I did the Princess 1/2 this year - it felt like it was so much more crowded than the WDW marathon relay and Wine and Dine (that were in January and October, respectively).
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for the City of Pittsburgh Great Race on September 30th! It's a 10K which gets close to 15,000 runners!

Happy trails!

Also, the Mercer County QUAD Road Racing Series starts up on June 20th!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    The big one on my schedule right now is Baystate Marathon in October. I'll do a handful of races between now and then, ranging from 400 meters to half marathon.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i am running a 1/2 on June 16th. A little nervous about the weather being hot, the good thing is the course has a ton of shade.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm in the process of training for my first 1/2 in the fall! I'm looking at some small races to get the experience. I might do the color run coming to my town in July and I'm for sure doing the 9/11 Hero's run in September. I'm still looking! Any good sites to find local races?

Hiya-
    Not racing in the summer but a few in the fall.... here is a site that may help you find some races in your area!

http://www.events.runningroom.com/hm/

PS - OP, my boss ran the Goofy 2 yrs ago... she had a great time, a bit of pain but a lot of fun!!! :o) Good luck!!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Coming off a half & a full this past spring. 5K this saturday. Nothing else slated the rest of the summer, we'll see what I can find.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    trying to do a half marathon sometime in the fall. This week has been horrible for running outside (rain everyday). Friday is going to be there first day I can get outside and start training. When I'm inside the gym I can seem to get past 4 miles without mentally freaking out. Out side I can do much more, very excited for this crazy weather to calm down (:
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have the Seattle R&R half marathon on June 23rd, and I'm already signed up for the Bellingham Bay Half Marathon in September, Army Ten Miler in October, and Arizona R&R Half Marathon in January. And I have a couple of Warrior Dashes coming up but I don't actually race those - I stay with my non-running friends and drink beer and pose for pictures.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half in September (started running in Jan.)...I just completed my first race ever, a 10k trail run! :) I have another Swamp Rat 10k in 2 weeks, a 10 miler in july for the 4th, a 7k and a couple 5ks...I've become a addicted!! :) Oh and a Color Run in July!! :)