Figuring out my numbers???

Options
I was wondering if someone would be able to help me figure out the right amount of calories that I should be consuming in order to lose the most amount of weight at a healthy rate. I have read on this site two different sides on the amount of calories that you should consume. One is the numbers that are given to you by MFP (usually a smaller number of cals) after you plunk in all your info and goals, and the other side is from other posters using other websites that help you figure it out and those number are usually higher ones (refer to the topics "eat more to lose more" etc). I can say that I have honestly have tried both ways and never was consistently losing 1-2 pounds a week. I was losing no more than 5 pounds a month. I am drinking 14 cups of water a day, I workout 6 days a week, and I am eating clean and still not getting that good of results. I feel like I don't know what to do anymore to get better results for what I am putting in. I have weighed the same the last 2 months and it is getting frustrating :(

Here is some info about me:
female/30 years old/5"8/232 lbs/workout 3-6 days a week (currently)/eat clean (no pop/junk food)/drink at least 14 cups of water a day. I have never cheated on what I eat. I just am not understanding why I am not seeing results like everyone else on here saying they eat more fruits and veggies and drink tons of water and moderately exercise and they are losing almost 10 pounds a month or at least consistently losing.

Please someone help me figure out the amount that I need to be consuming!!

Replies

• valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    how are your portion sizes. may be try measuring exactly what your eating to make sure you're eating the amount you think your eating.

i looked online and found somewhere that said 1389 with-out exercise.
  • snowchj
    snowchj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How about neither. Ignore online calculators and do the following...

1. Eat normally for two weeks, but diligently track your calorie intake and body weight.
    2. Total up all your calories during that time period.
    3. If you lost weight, add pounds lost x 3500 to the calorie total. If you gain weight subtract pounds lost x3500 from the total.
    4. Divide the total by the number of days (14 in this case).
    5. The resulting number is your TDEE. Eat 500 calories less than your TDEE everyday to lose 1lb per week.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    This is the best tool I have found and it really helps me. If gives you an idea of how much you should be eating as well as some tips on zig zagging your calories and the most effect and healthy way to loss weight. MFP calculations are a little off so just make sure you are compensating for the difference.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Hope this helps. Sometimes you just need to try a lot of different things to find what works for you.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Here is an example of what your calories should look like with how you work out. For now. It will change as you lose more and become more active.

Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 2507 2006 1856
    Tuesday 2006 1856 1856
    Wednesday 3009 2407 2228
    Thursday 2507 2006 1856
    Friday 2257 1856 1856
    Saturday 2758 2206 2042
    Sunday 2507 2006 1856

Also eat breakfast with in the 1st 30 min of waking up in the am and drink a class of water right when you wake up. This all will help get your metabolism started.
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    fyi you can change your calories and macro nutrients (protien, carbs, fat, sugar) on mfp to your liking too. Go to home, then goals, then change then customize, then set them how you like.