Turning 30 in a month - want to be in best shape of my life.

Options
ipock
ipock Posts: 33 Member
Hi all,

I've been on and off committed to this program (mostly off). It's already helped a ton. My 30th birthday is in one month, and I move to Boston soon thereafter. I'm beginning an exciting new career, and hope to complement my work life with a healthy home life filled with nutrition and exercise. Please introduce yourselves. It would be great to meet new people!

Replies

• butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Im turning 30 this year also and decided to make big changes in my life, including getting in shape. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 next month, and live in New England... where you moving to Boston from? It's a great city! Feel free to add me, and good luck!!! :)
  • slynn92185
    slynn92185 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a few more year until 30, but it's my goal too! Good Luck!! :)
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 last week and while I hoped to get in shape BEFORE then, I failed. But I moved to Austin right before and I've found a trainer and I'm on my way to being fit in a town that is FULL of fit people.

Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • MrsT9217
    MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just turned 28 and also am hoping to be in the best shape of my life by 30!!!

Happy early birthday! I live about 20 mins south of Boston... you will love it!
    Good luck and welcome! :)
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'll be 25 in September, but I look 30, so I'm thinking it's basically the same thing. I would like to be in better shape for 30 though, because that will pretty much be the end of my existence and I need to get life settled before then.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Great to see you on MFP. I am close to your age and also looking to do the same. Been on an awesome program, that has helped me. Good luck in your new career and weightloss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    I turned 30 in April and had high expectations of being in shape before then, but then I fell off the wagon. Please feel free to add me. I am trying to get re-focused AGAIN!
  • kin1221
    kin1221 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in December! That is my motivation, I want to be in the best shape I've ever been in when I hit it. Good luck! Feel free to friend me.
  • Blonde11
    Blonde11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ill be 30 this month! I have been on this journey consistently for 2 months now. Feel free to add me!
    :drinker: Heidi
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in just over a year (turning 29 next month) and I want to hit my goal weight by my 30th b-day as well...partially because of the whole BIG 3-0, and partially because I need to order my wedding dress around that time too. Here's to 30! :drinker:
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in November, I'm working hard for a fitter healthier me. I'm going to spend my 30's treating myself much better than my 20's. :-)
  • meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to get into the best shape of my life. I am very serious about health and fitness. I am always looking for friends with lots of motivation. I am 24 and I have gotten sick of drooling over the fitness models in magazine. I decided...why can't I be one? I took the summer off from work and I am dedicating my time to rediscovering myself.

Feel free to add me if you are a motivator and want to be motivated in return. I don't claim to be an expert at this, but I am dedicated =)
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think there are a lot of us '82 babies on here that are hoping to get in shape before the big 3-0! Good luck with your weight loss over the next month and in your new career in Boston! Feel free to add if you're looking for friends your age.
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi, i just turned 29 but i still wanna be your friend!
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 next May and that is exactly how I feel. I want to be in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday. <:)
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just turned 30 a couple weeks ago - it's amazing how time flies! I didn't get quite as far as I would have liked, but I've made some great progress. Hoping to kick it up a notch and reach my UGW by the end of this year. Can always use more like-minded friends!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

Sounds like you are about to start a great new chapter in your life...congrats & good luck!!

I am a few years older than you but, I live in Boston. It's a wicked cool place to live!! Feel free to add me.
  • jcm529
    jcm529 Posts: 36
    Options
    I turned 30 on May 29th. The weekend before I went skydiving to celebrate. Now I'm off work for the summer (I'm a high school counselor) and I've decided that this is the summer of me and doing things to better my physical and mental health.

And I agree with the person that said Boston is great. I lived on Cape Cod for a few years. Love it up there!
    Cheers.
  • kristikay52
    kristikay52 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 next month as well! That was my motivation to lose weight! I wanted to look my absolute best at my 30th bday.