Very helpful tips :)

Options
Here are some helpful tips I have come across. I hope they help you :)

- Air-pop popcorn on the stove for a healthy, low fat treat. Get some popcorn salt (0 calories) to put on top.

- Get a thermos and make a few cups of white or green tea in the morning and sip a cup everytime you feel like having something unhealthy.

- Hills Bros. has some great sugar free cappachino's. I think it's only 25 calories for a serving and it's really nice to wind down in the evening with a cup after dinner. It's a great substitute for dessert.

- Print out some motivating quotes and keep them in your car and on your fridge. Read them before you decide to eat something unhealthy.

- Pray and ask God to help someone else you know who is struggling with weight to be able to effortlessly lose the pounds (Want for your brother or sister what you would want for yourself :)

- Before you eat, make a fist. Look at that fist and realize that a thin person at a healthy weight has a stomach that size. Then look at what you are about to eat, and try not to overstuff yourself.

- Take a pc of yarn or ribbon and wrap it around your waist (or hips). Cut off a peice where it currently is. Then, every week, remeasure yourself and tie a knot at it's new location (if you've reduced) This will help you keep track of how far you've come. Some people even tie this ribbon around thier wrists, but I think that might look odd. You can always keep it with you.

- Make it a point to thank God before and after each meal - before you put anything into your mouth. This will not only make you thankful, but will also make you conscious of the foods you are eating.

These are all the tips I can think of. I hope they help you. Please post your own unique tips if you have any :) Good luck!!!! :):):)

Replies

• Lizzard70
    Options
    :smile:
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the string idea and keeping it around your wrist. It would be a great visual reminder as you go along of what you're working for and help you to resist temptation!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    The yarn idea is great I am going to do that.
  • jannygirl
    Options
    Great tips, thank you!
  • daaazeee
    Options
    I love the yarn idea!!! :heart:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Yarn idea is great - will do it with pretty ribbon and wear it on my wrist!
  • Skinny100
    Options
    I've also heard of some people taking the ribbon and tying it around their waist and then cutting it off where they would like it to be. Then they check to see if it fits every week.

I think I might try the ribbon idea as well. I'll see if I can find a pretty ribbon. I would imagine that I can get some velcro and attach a tiny bit at the ends to make it easy to wear.

:smile:
  • annalouisa08
    Options
    Great tips! Thanks:wink: