Tomorrow is another day.

Options
True, Scarlett, but putting weight loss efforts off til tomorrow's a big problem!

I often wake up eager to do better today with food and exercise, and generally I go to bed feeling lousy because I overdid it on food (sometimes exercised a lot, sometimes not)

Seems like I'm not the only one. I've noticed a fair number of us have the same issue. So that that crosses my mind before I fall asleep: I'll do better tomorrow, it's another day.

Kinda dumb-- the day's a human concept. What would happen if we had no clocks, and no view of the outside? Curious thought-- how often would one eat, how often would one exercise, in such conditions?

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I know what you mean. I used to think, oh well I did bad today I will do better tomorrow, and then repeat it again the next day! But now my will power is much stronger. Every time I eat something, I think "Will this help me attain my goal weight?" If no, then I ask, "Would I rather eat this unhealthy snack or achieve my goal weight?". The goal always wins! And things we like are still ok in moderation. For instance, I keep Hershey's snack size candy bars around and when I really want something sweet or chocolate, I have one. They are 66 calories each and won't kill my diet for the day and still pleases my sweet tooth. Or I have a Jell-O sugar free pudding which is 60 calories and very satisfying! And if you do mess up and eat something you shouldn't, don't feel you blew your whole day. I would mess up on lunch and be like, I blew it I'll just eat w/e today and start over tomorrow. There are no redos with weight loss! There is no reset button! Just don't keep doing it as the day goes on, fix it the very next snack/meal, workout! You can do an extra workout, drink more water, just move on and eat better the rest of the day!

Instead of thinking "Tomorrow is a new day" think that each moment is a new moment, a new chance to fix what you just did. You can't undo it but you don't have to make it worse and you can certainly make it better. =)
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I think that's really interesting about the day concept. That's be neat to test out.

I'm the same way though. I wake up and have all these thoughts and goals in my head. Sometimes though when faced with temptation I totally give in. I used to beat myself up over it, but I've learned to just say, "Yeah, that was really good. Tomorrow it's game on."

I don't mess up a lot like I did when I first started dieting, but it happens.
    :smile:
  • annalouisa08
    Options
    I try to get rid of an old friend called Procrastination! Thats my worst enemy, LOL!! I focus on one thing a day to get rid it. If I dont, for me, its a mess and I stay in the same old cycle.