Pizza!

Options
I have a question about eating and logging pizza. A look through the database tells me that it is sky-high in calories, and with a daily goal of 1210 (without exercise) it doesn't look like I could ever fit it in. However, I'm wondering if the kind of pizza I eat/want to eat is even in the database, and if it actually has fewer calories.

In the past, for dinner I would eat a personal size (8-10" ~4 small slices) authentic Italian Margherita pizzas made from scratch in restaurants (not order-in chains) with thin crusts underneath, and nothing but fresh mozzarella, tomatoes/sauce, a drizzle of olive oil and basil. I don't eat the crusts on the ends (which I imagine contributes a lot to the calories and carbs listed for a slice of pizza in the database). The only "without crust" entries I found were chains like Pizza Hut/Dominos.

Do you think this could still fit into my calories for the day, and do you know how to log it?

Replies

• cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Google cauliflower crust pizza (crust), low in calories and is supposed to be very yummy :)
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try pizza with thin crust, it has a lot less calories. Papa Murphy's is a chain that has a great pizza called a Delight Pizza because it has a very thin crust and it is delicious. You can get chicken or veggies as toppings and 1 slice only has 175-250 calories depending on your toppings. I'd think you could fit that in.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's the base, even if it's thin, it's lots of calories. Even if you make your own from scratch with a healthy tomato sauce and thin-ish slices of mozzarella. So, it's one to save up calories / exercise for and enjoy.