Ready To get back to a comfortable weight!

Options
Hey all! My name is Amanda Anderson from Iowa. I am a single mother and I work a desk job so I have been really struggling with my weight! I am wanting to get back to a healthier and more comfortable weight and finally loose what I gained during pregnancy. My determination is high now I just need the support and guidance to get there! I have 35 lbs to loose and I want to do it as quickly as I can!

Replies

• aliOop18
    aliOop18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I'm in Iowa too! I also have a desk job...so I know how you feel. Even with a desk job, we can succeed! I just recently started walking/running over my lunch hour (I used to work through lunch). I log everything I eat & drink, regardless if that means I go over my suggested calorie intake,etc. The more honest you are with yourself, the better. You have the determination, now you just have to put that into motion! If you'd like, you are more than welcome to add me as a friend. Support is important.....but always remember that you are your ultimate support system and you should never stop believing in yourself! :smile:
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Indiana and I'm having the same struggles.. I work out and watch what I eat and have started logging everything! I also have a desk job! I'm a single mom but both my kids are older.. last one just graduated! I'm at my highest weight and just don't feel comfortable. I'm struggling to lose even though I feel like I'm doing everything right.. I think I need to up my excerise to cancel out my calories. Good luck! Hoping this website encourages me to meet my goal!

22672900.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! My daughter is 2 years old so it makes it hard to take the time to exercise but I am trying. I have started biking now with her every night so hopefully that will help. I really need to fit in more exercise so any tips that could help me sneak exercise into my day would be great! I try to eat healthy as much as I can but I think I need to track everything because I think its the mindless snacking that is causing me problems as well when Im not even thinking about it. Hopefully this site will help hold me more accountable for what I eat.
  • aliOop18
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? That helps me with the mindless snacking. I also make sure that I eat a little something every few hours. I added you as a friend, you can hop on and see my diary where I log my food. After my coffee I start drinking water. I drink a lot of water during the day, yesterday I drank about 12 cups just at work. If you don't like water on it's own....consider adding lemon or lime to it. Or you could brew some herbal tea and drink it iced during the day. I also chew gum when I know I don't need to eat something.
  • FitCowgirl8
    Options
    I don't drink enough and really do need to work on making an effort to drink more. I usually just drink something when I eat which is part of the problem. I never thought about brewing tea and drinking it iced. That would be good. My other huge problem is that I have a lot of lunch meetings and such so I am at restaurants a lot for lunch! I am trying to make healthier choices but I am not sure how to deal with this because nothing is really good for you when you eat out. :(
  • aliOop18
    Options
    I bought a water bottle from Target & use that at work. It looks like a big "to go" cup that you would get your drink in a fast food place. It's clear plastic and you can buy fun straws to go with it. The company that makes it is Aladdin. I like it because it's easy to clean. Re: eating out. that is a tough one. However, I've really been working on my mindset about food lately. I really struggled with labeling foods as good or bad. Food is Food. Granted, there are things that are better for you than others, but everything can be enjoyed. Start looking at your portion sizes. Consider ordering off the appetizer portion of the menu. Ask for veggies instead of fries, etc. And if you really feel like having a burger, eat a burger! But definitely remember to tap into your body & stop when you're feeling full. I say these things because I have struggled with them over the years, it may be totally out of left field for you, I don' t know. Just throwing in my thoughts. I think logging my food again has really opened my eyes. I'm not always perfect, but it helps me to look at the overall big picture. I'm not willing to give up the good stuff - I enjoy food...but I do need to make smarter choices too. Oh and one more thing, remember that not only is each day a new day....but eat meal is really a new opportunity to get back on track.....don't throw in the towel! You can do it!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I too have a desk job, and I have about 35 ish to lose too. I added you :)
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great! Good luck!! I'm hoping to stick with it! Just got done with a 20 minute kettlebell work out! :)
  • FitCowgirl8
    Options
    I think I might need to get a water bottle that way I know exactly how much I am drinking. I think that would help me a lot. Fun straws make it a lot more exciting too :) I do have the same struggles as you. Every time I have tried to give up all of the "bad foods" I fail because I like food way too much to never have it. I find myself being one of those people who needs to eat everything on their plate because I feel bad throwing food away so I do find that I eat even after I am full. I think if I pay better attention to my body and its natural signals that can help me still eat what I enjoy (sometimes) and still stay on track :)
  • LatinLunatic
    Options
    i'll support you.