Best Breakfast-- easy, healthy, filling

Options
Here is an easy breakfast I love. It takes about 20 minutes of prep time and lasts you the week. It is high in protein and low in all that unwanted stuff. It is completely customizable. Some of the many resounds I am a fan!

According to my estimates:
Per serving (1/6) of the 9x9 pan
215 cals
6.3 fat
10 carbs
5 sugar
26 protein
4 fiber

Its more or less a healthy variation on a quiche. I find a lot of similar recipes but people make it in muffin tins, i just find that obnoxious compared to doing it 'brownie style' so I thought I would share this version.

The last batch I did was for 6 servings, prepared in a 9x9 inch pan. A bread loaf pan works too.

INGREDIENTS:
6 whole eggs
1 carton of egg sites (the smaller carton 8 oz i think?)
1 1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup low fat cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, feta, etc)
Flax seed, apx 2 tsp

1/3 lb of ground turkey
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 white onion
1 cup spinach
(substitute for what meat/veggies you like or for variety)

TO MAKE:
Mix Eggs, Egg Whites, Milk
Cook meat and veggies and season to taste
Mix Eggs, meat, veggies, cheese
Grease (pam) baking pan (9x9 suggested)
Pour contents
Bake on 375 for 35 apx minutes

I do find that each oven is different, you'll know when its cooked when the middle is done. If it takes longer than 35 minutes i usually reduce temp to 325 and cook for another 10-15 minutes.

The ingredients offer a lot of room for variety which is nice, you can do more egg white and less whole egg or no meat or no cheese. To mix it up i tend to go for different ethnic combos like mexican (corn, beans, jalepeno, etc) vs italian theme vs greek vs american-- like omelets!

If you make it I would love to know what you think and how it turned out or what spin you put on it!!

<3 Lauren

Replies

• vmk287
    vmk287 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Delicious!! Will never go back to reg eggs. It heats up nicely as well!!
  • cindyw1eye
    cindyw1eye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump