Comfortable sandals for walking

Options
Hi all,

I've been trying to make taking a walk at lunchtime every day a habit. However, with the return of warm weather I've taken to wearing sandals, and taking a long walk in my current sandals sometimes gives me sore feet, joints, and back. Any suggestions for comfortable, supportive sandals for walking? Preferably not too expensive. Thanks!

Replies

• SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    CHACOS. Love them.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fit Flops!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a pair of spenco sandals. So comfortable & I have had a lot of issues with PF and cannot normally wear sandals w/o a back but these are just fine.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Keen sandals are super comfortable. I can walk miles in them. You can usually find the less popular colors on sale.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Keene sandals are super comfortable. I can walk miles in them. You can usually find the less popular colors on sale.

was going to post this. love my Keenes.
  • magicmerlie
    Options
    I second Chacos! I absolutely love them and wear them to work daily! Don't know what you're willing to pay, but on average they run about $70. Not cheap, but have arch support and are super comfortable. Totally worth it. :smile:
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    CHACOS. Love them.

I second this but they are a bit pricey. Totally worth it and they replace worn out soles.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Keen sandals are super comfortable. I can walk miles in them. You can usually find the less popular colors on sale.

My vote!
  • stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Tevas or Skechers Tone ups
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought Teva's for traveling, they can be a bit pricey but are available online for a bit less. Great for hiking and walking.
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Fit Flops!!! Love them, have got sandels, boots and leather converse - would live in them if I could!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wear Earth Spirit sandals. I find them to be really comfortable and they support my feet well. They're $25 at walmart, but I haven't bought any of the other brands of sandals, so I don't know how the prices compare.
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a confortable sandal for walking. You really should invest in a good pair of walking sneakers and change before walking home. Actually, sandals could ruin your feet if you are walking as an exercise, like speed walking or just walking fast for a long distance. Sandals are great for hanging out and slow walking, but not for long distance and exercise walking.

Hope this helps.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my Chacos, too! I have hard-to-fit feet, and the single strap running all the way through was so easy to adjust to my feet. Totally worth the price. I've had them for something like 4 years, and they still look great!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect them to magically make you lose weight, but damned if FitFlops aren't really comfortable.. I've walked many miles in them
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'll go against the grain and say Birkenstocks. Unfortunately they are expensive and not very attractive. However, they are the most comfortable sandal ever IMO, worth every penny.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I also love, love, love Fit Flops - I'm on my 5th pair, and I wear them almost every day of the year! I've tried brands that look similar, but they don't feel nearly the same. They did cause me a bit of extra leg fatigue at first, but they're the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever owned. For example, when I chaperoned my son's field trip to SeaWorld and knew I'd be walking from 9am to 6pm, I chose my Fit Flops rather than sneakers and my feet felt fine at the end of the day (even though the rest of me was exhausted!)

They're not the cheapest sandals - they start at about $50, but I've seen them for half that price at Ross and on Amazon.com. Don't get the patent leather ones; they're the only ones I didn't like, because the patent leather thong bit ripped up the skin between my toes. The regular leather ones are fine, and the suede ones are amazing.

I'm now trying to come up with an excuse to buy myself the ones covered in Swarovski crystals....
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just ordered two pairs of FitFlops from Amazon.com based on the reviews. Can't wait!
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm a total Keen *kitten*. Just got three pair in the mail today. Making my total of Keens (of various styles) a whopping 8 pair. :blushing:

Seriously though... great shoes, last forever, and super comfortable. I found the footbeds on Chacos to not be as comfy.
  • imaginaryplaces
    imaginaryplaces Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for Tevas and Keens. I have a pair of Tevas that I've had for years - they are starting to look like hell, but the soles are still in great shape and they are still comfy.