ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
need some ideas....so let me ask the experts....lol

what are you favs....

Fav. breakfast?

Fav. lunch?

Fav. dinner?

Fav. dessert?

now they can be healthy or not...hopefully healthy because I'm looking for ideas but if you want to share the not so healthy that's fine too, I'll save it in my cheat day vault!!! lol

hugs!
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    need some ideas....so let me ask the experts....lol

what are you favs....

Fav. breakfast?

Fav. lunch?

Fav. dinner?

Fav. dessert?

now they can be healthy or not...hopefully healthy because I'm looking for ideas but if you want to share the not so healthy that's fine too, I'll save it in my cheat day vault!!! lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    my favorite breakfast is 1 cup of fiber one with a sliced banana and 1 cup of skim milk. it comes to 300 cal. it has 24 g of fiber and it leaves you feeling full all morning! i love it.:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... let's see...

Breakfast: Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters cereal or a "breakfast biscuit"

Lunch:
    Turkey Burger w/ laughing cow cheese and avocado
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1297-actually-delicious-turkey-burgers?hl=turkey+burgers#posts-6454

Dinner:
    Grilled Swordfish marinaded in olive oil, pepper & garlic w/ rice

Snack:
    sliced almonds

Dessert:
    88 calorie brownies!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9029-88-calorie-double-chocolate-brownies-yum?hl=88+calories+brownies#posts-64121

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    FAVORITE BREAKFAST
    EGG OMELET
    -3 EGG WHITES
    -1/2 CUP OF BROCCOLI
    -2 PCS OF CANADIAN BACON

1 TOASTED SARAH LEE 45 CAL MULTRI GRAIN BREAD

& A SMOOTHIE
    -1/2 BANANA
    1/4 CUP OF BLUEBERRIES
    1/4 CUP OF RASPBERRIES
    3 SMALL STRAWBERRIES
    1/4 CUP OF SOY MILK OR FAT FREE VANILLA YOGURT

VERY NUTRITIOUS & EXTREMELY YUMMY!!! :wink:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi Ali,

Breakfast:
    Instant oatmeal pack (low sugar) 100/120 cal
    Bananas (sm 45 cal) or Strawberries (1/4 cup 24 cal/cut up & sprinkled with Splenda, keeps at least 5 days in frig)

Egg beaters (1/2 cup cheese & chives or southwestern) with fresh peppers green,red, onions & mushrooms sautee with Pam & I can't believe it's butter spray, then pour in egg beaters. Under 100 cal

Dessert:
    Double churn, sugar free van. ice cream, strawberries, lite Hershey's syrup & whip cream. I have an ice cream scoop that' 1/4 cup and with everything else that seems to be enough and it's only 91 cal.

Hope this helps and is a start :wink:
  • darlenebull
    Options
    Lets see, my favorite breakfast is 2 egg whites on a slice of pumpernickel bread and a banana, for lunch my favorite is a salad, with either turkey or chicken in it, and my favorite dinner is 1 cup broccoli, with 1/2 cup brown rice, some onion, and roasted red peppers, garlic and again 3 oz of either chicken or turkey. My absolute favorite is snack where I eat 1/2 cup of the marshmallows out of a box of Lucky Charms cereal.:laugh:
  • ali106
    Options
    as my little guy says...."yum yum yum!!!" these are great!!!!

keep them coming! lol...
    hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options
    are those not the best little marshmellow ever...too bad I hate the cereal part LOL
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

Hodgdon Mills Multi Grain or Oat Bran hot cereal with dried fruit cooked in.

Breakfast burrito made with El Tortilla Factory Multi grain soft wraps (100 cal,12 g fiber!, 8g protein). Add scrambled egg whites, a tablespoon or 2 of shredded cheese. Dip in salsa-YUM!

Lunch:

Any homemade vegetable soup with LOTS of veggies and a piece of toast with a little natural peanut butter on top.

Salads with lots of veggies and low-fat protein.

Dinner:

Broiled chicken or fish, baked sweet potato fries (season with Pam, sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, and chili powder), any frozen veggies.

Barilla Plus pasta topped with sauce with cooked ground turkey, cooked veggies, sliced zucchini and summer squash cooked in a little olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper.

Hope these give you a few ideas!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Fav. breakfast?

Cereal, skim milk, coffee

Fav. lunch?

Greens salad with cranberries and feta (don't like dressings), Boca burgers (2), and fruit

Fav. dinner?

ww pasta with tomato sauce & mozzarella, green beans with olive oil, lemon pepper, and sesame seeds

also grilled veggies with polenta

Fav. dessert?

chocolate with a side of chocolate, chocolate syrup, and chocolate sprinkles - oh, you wanted ideas?
    Lindt makes an 85% chocolate square. Probably won't eat too many of those.
    yogurt with dried fruit or musli
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Breakfast:

1 Thomas double fiber whole wheat english muffin
    1 slice American cheese
    1 egg
    1 piece of turkey sausage

Dinner:

1 grilled chicken breast
    Roasted asparagus and either a roasted sweet potato or red potato using olive oil, salt and pepper
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

fruit
    oatmeal with small amount of maple syrup
    Van's frozen waffles with pb on one and jelly on the other

Lunch:

soup (veggie)
    Boca burger

Dinner:

lasagna, with a little spinach thrown in
    mac and cheese (made with whole wheat noodles, at least!)
    burritos (bean or chicken) with lots of salsa, shredded lettuce
  • ali106
    Options
    thank you guys!!! these are great! I hate when I get into slumps even w/ food choices...now I can mix it up again! especially loved some of those breakfast ideas....gonna do some on the weekends!

hugs and thanks so much!
    ali
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that my favourite dessert is warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream on top... mmmmm And though its not GREAT for you... you can do much worse :bigsmile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Fav. breakfast?

1 cup FiberOne caramel delight cereal
    1 cup dannon light and fit yogurt

Fav. lunch?

I like an egg sandwich or grilled cheese for lunch
    Thomas multi-grain engligh muffin, 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese
    OR TJ fat-free whole wheat bread with cheese
    with a side of an apple and almonds

Fav. dinner?

I seem to eat a lot of b-fast food..LOL
    BUT I like Kashi oats and honey waffles with butter
    Purdue grilled/baked chicken (only 160 cals each)

Fav. dessert?

Eddy's frozen yogurt, 1 cup, 100 cals
    klondike 100 cal ice-cream sandwiches or WW desserts (150-180cals)

For snack, I'm loving string cheese, kashi roll bars, luna bars, fat free fig newtons etc
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I found my new fave breakfast this morning , thought I was going to DIE was sooo good.

I had 2 whole wheat waffles, smeared 1 tbsp peanut butter between them, 3 tbsp Aunt Jemima Light syrup (lowest in cals Ive found here 80 cal for 3 tbsp) and then sliced up a small banana over the top of it. I was STUFFED til lunch time and it was sooo dang good!

Lunch I usually do a salad with tuna , or a ff ham and low fat cheese on ww, with mustard let, tom. and some baby dills

Dinner : this is where I have issues lol

oh and dessert fresh strawberrys cut up with some splenda thrown over it put in the fridge , gets all syrupy have a cup strawberrys with some low fat cool whip YUM
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I found my new fave breakfast this morning , thought I was going to DIE was sooo good.

I had 2 whole wheat waffles, smeared 1 tbsp peanut butter between them, 3 tbsp Aunt Jemima Light syrup (lowest in cals Ive found here 80 cal for 3 tbsp) and then sliced up a small banana over the top of it. I was STUFFED til lunch time and it was sooo dang good!

Man, does that sound wonderful!!! I can't wait to go shopping to buy the stuff for it!!!

One of our favorite dinners here is taco salad. We use romaine lettuce, 2% shredded cheese, grilled chicken breast, a handful of baked doritos crumbled on top, and light ranch dressing. We also add salsa and guacamole sometimes. mmm mmm good : )
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    my new fav snack (not nutritious at all) is:

12 oz flavored coffee (preferably Kahlua)
    1/2 serving Pringles Cinnamon Sweet Potato Crisps

Yummy:heart:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm,
    breakfast:
    either cracklin oat bran topped with blueberries
    egg whites, ff cheese omelet, light english muffin
    multigrain waffles with strawberries and sugar free maple syrup
    whole wheat bagel with 1/3 less philly cream cheese
    fiber one yogurts, hard boiled egg white, banana, ww toast
    cottage cheese, banana slices, honey drizzled *yum!)

lunch
    Love- WW bread with reduced fat pb, sliced banana and drizzle of honey. It's soooo yummy!
    salad (oh my God I made this yesterday, so yummy!) romaine, turkey slices, dollop of light sour cream, salsa, 1/4 cup black beans and a squirt of lime juice
    ww bread, healthy ones turkey or ham, ff cheese, 1 tbs light mayo, big slice tomato
    more salad romaine, craisins, cabot ff cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, turkey

dinner
    I try to make a normal dinner that the entire family will enjoy, but I use, fat free, light, reduced, less olive oil and things like that to make it healthier.
    i.e. tonight,
    chicken pot pie,
    cut up chicken, sauteed in a little olive oil, mixed in healthy campbells cream of chicken soup, 2/3 bag of frozen veggies, chicken stock, put in dish, mixed reduced fat bisquick, fat free milk and 1 egg, put it on top and baked. Came out quite yummy. And noone was the wiser!

The other night I made pasta (ronzoni smart) with sauteed shrimp in chicken stock, garlic, olive oil, parsley and lemon juice. Really good. (I had that for lunch today too!)

Dessert
    pretzel sticks, grapes, orange, edys slow churned strawberry yogurt, lots of water!
    oh my god, I had to edit, b/c I got hungry while I was typing this and went to get dessert. And I just made a totally yummy dessert! Strawberries, no cal, no nothing marshmallow dip by Walden something or other and drizzled honey on it! oooweee! it's yummy!
  • ali106
    Options

The other night I made pasta (ronzoni smart) with sauteed shrimp in chicken stock, garlic, olive oil, parsley and lemon juice. Really good. (I had that for lunch today too!)

okay that sounds amazing and I know I'd sprinkle on some romano cheese but it would still be not too fattening! thanks!!!

yum you guys are sooo great thanks so much for all the ideas!!!!! keep em coming I'm loving this!
    Ali :drinker: