help with caloric intake

Options
I have been trying to eat healthy for the last week and it seems in order for me not to snack in between meals that i need a good solid lunch. It seems to me that i am eating to many calories. Anyone have any ideas as to how to still keep full after a meal but not have as many calories during each meal. What kind of things does everyone do during the day.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    opening your diary may be helpful.

Snacks are not a bad thing if they allow you to control your daily total better. You're not going to stay full from lunch to your evening meal and I don't think "being full" is particularly an objective even at the end of a meal.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I started by looking at my macronutrients (fat, carbs, protein) and discovered that I was eating too many carbohydrates and not enough protein. I reduced my bag lunch by one piece of fruit and added some more meat and cheese to my turkey wrap, and I can get through the day more easily on the same number of calories now.

I also switched over to being a snacker - I eat little bits of my lunch all day long starting about 11. That helped too. Your mileage may vary on that. Worth a try, though.

I switched my breakfast to something less sugary and more filling (bagel with cream cheese -> oatmeal and an egg, and I've just discovered the filling delicious joy of refrigerator oatmeal).

Cinnamon gum also helped with cravings / weak moments.

And of course exercise, even just getting up for a brisk 30-minute walk at lunch, adds more calories to your budget.
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    how do i open my diary...i am still pretty new at this thing :-)
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's under settings. You can make your diary public or so that just your friends can see it, or private, as it is now.

Nothing wrong with snacking...but definitely add protein to your diet. More meat, more eggs, more nuts. More bang for your buck!
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    eat more fiber. helps keep you full. according to my nutritionist try and eat things with at least 2 fiber in it.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, but more fiber and protein, less carbs is usually helpful to me!