Hello!

JuliaKia
JuliaKia Posts: 11
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this site! I am more numbers-oriented than I thought, and have really been enjoying using all the tools here!

I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds in 2 months (for a friend's wedding on the beach!), and another 5 with no real date in mind yet. 2 more months?

In the first week, I cut back on calories and started going to the gym 5 days a week, and dropped almost 5 pounds! (I SWEAR I wasn't starving - I have the calorie counts to prove it!). But now it's 10 days later and the scale had budged an inch! What's going on? I'm not saying I expect to lose 5 pounds a week all the time - but an ounce or two would be nice! :tongue:

Oh well, good thing I'm enjoying the gym so much! :happy:

Replies

• JuliaKia
    JuliaKia Posts: 11
    Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this site! I am more numbers-oriented than I thought, and have really been enjoying using all the tools here!

I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds in 2 months (for a friend's wedding on the beach!), and another 5 with no real date in mind yet. 2 more months?

In the first week, I cut back on calories and started going to the gym 5 days a week, and dropped almost 5 pounds! (I SWEAR I wasn't starving - I have the calorie counts to prove it!). But now it's 10 days later and the scale had budged an inch! What's going on? I'm not saying I expect to lose 5 pounds a week all the time - but an ounce or two would be nice! :tongue:

Oh well, good thing I'm enjoying the gym so much! :happy:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Welcome to MFP!!! I am a real stickler for number too. 5 pounds in one week is great, when I was doing Weight Watchers the first week was always a big drop and then it always slowed down after that, maybe you need to adjust a few things and see if that helps. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.