Flat Out Exhausted. Any Ideas?

Options
So I have been using MyFitnessPal for about 6 months now pretty religiously along with doing crossfit endurance. I am currently on a 1550 Calorie diet and normally eat between that and 2000 depending on how much I burn on my workouts. However, lately (within the past week) I have been extremely exhausted. Around 9 or 1000 in the morning I already feel like I want to go to bed. Are my calories too low? Do I need to get some multi vitamins or what not for energy? I'm pretty much at a loss now on where to go. Any help would be appreciative.

Tank

Replies

• spunkysassylady23
    spunkysassylady23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You may need to up your intake of lean protein. Happened to me years ago when I first started body building. Since you are doing cross fit I would say you might want to research protein intake a bit to see if that helps you out.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    How is your sleep?
  • TANK1775
    TANK1775 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I should have thought of protein...Thanks. . My sleep is about as good as it can be in the desert sleeping on cots.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Minimum recommendation for a man is 1800 calories.

Women can go down to 1200....sometimes.

Why are you eating (assumedly) below your BMR? No wonder you feel so bad. You only have 10-15 to lose? Eat at maintenance for a week or so to get your strength back. Criminy.
  • TANK1775
    TANK1775 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 10 now to loose before I hit my goal weight. I had thought that my caloric intake might have been too low but wasn't sure. I figured I'd just keep on keepin on with the 1600 until I hit my goal...I think I may up it to 1800. My BMR is 1887. I reckon the math in my head was saying that if my BMR is 1887, and I intake only 1650 i'm burning 250 a day withough "starving" myself....Guess its back firing lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Eat 2500 for two weeks. Add 300-600 more if you're doing exercise on that day. If you're active military, they have charts and guidelines. I'm just looking at your AV pic....I'm surprised you're still able to think clearly.

Good luck.