Simple Oven-baked Chocolate Raspberry Chia Protein Bars

Options
waffleflavoredtea
waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
These bars are a simple way to get in your protein for the day. I made these after many variations in texture and ingredients and these are my favorite so far. You can make them ahead and take them with you running, to work, or for a quick healthy snack. These bars not only have lots of protein, but they also pack lots of fiber and are completely sugar-free, which means this is a very versatile bar.

Ingredients needed:
1 packet raspberry sugar free jello mix (you could experiment and sub in sugar free chocolate fudge pudding mix but I haven't tried this yet)
3 Tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in water to form a gel
1 scoop of your favorite chocolate flavored protein powder (mine is sugar free and has 20g protein)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 large pinch stevia (to sweeten)
1/4 cup rolled oats or presoaked quinoa (optional, I didn't make my second batch with oats for a lower carb version)
1 pinch baking soda or baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 245 degrees. Combine all ingredients, mixing with a spoon to get any lumps out. Add more water as needed until you have texture like thick pancake mix. Spread evenly over a small square pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, flip carefully onto other side, then bake for another 45 minutes on the other side.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Makes about 4-6 bars.

Replies

• QueenSamira
    Options
    How many bars does this make, and what are the nutritionals? :)
  • ciaoella
    ciaoella Posts: 10
    Options
    2nd the request for nutritionals. :)
  • ciaoella
    ciaoella Posts: 10
    Options
    Damn double post
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Damn double post

it makes how ever many bars you cut it into, hers was 4-6 but if you had a small pan it could be less, but bigger bars. for the nutrition you would need to put in your own brand of powder, jello, etc. just use the mfp recipe maker to make sure you have all the right macros :]
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dear Queen Samira: As I wrote in my post (though maybe you missed it) it makes 4-6 bars in my original post :) And the nutritionals are basically just awesome. There's a couple of optional ingredients you can add in and the macros depend on the type of protein powder used, so I'll leave the calculations up to you for the most accurate number possible, but each bar is 45 calories, no sugar, and has a lot of protein if you use decent protein powder. :)

thanks to the other poster for helping clear things up!
  • coug3tt3
    coug3tt3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump