help! Stress fracture on my right foot.

Options
SDMS
SDMS Posts: 36 Member
So I have a possible stress fracture on my right foot. If it's not a fracture, then they are sending me to podiatry to see why my bone is sticking out of my foot. That's not quite normal. Anyhow...I am wearing a boot now.
Any suggestions on working out? Thinking that I can row for my cardio and weight lighting should be ok for upper body, and some seating machines for lower body.

Has anyone been through this? If so, please advise. If not, advice is always appreciated!
Thanks!

Replies

• glonigan
    glonigan Posts: 82
    Options
    I wore the boot for 6 weeks back in January/February/March due to a stress fracture of the right fibula. My physical therapist had me doing a lot of swimming, bike trainer (low impact), and some upper body work. When I was able (two weeks without pain), they moved my swimming days into elliptical trainer (low impact) and then the dreaded run walk until I was able to get back to running full time. I guess more than anything I learned to listen to my body and work on other areas when possible. One of the items I spent time on, which I need to get back to was Tabata Method on the bike. This process helped me run faster than any other exercise/sprint exercises I have done. Depending on your health insurance, you may be able to get some prescribed physical therapy out of this which can help you understand why you got injured and how to avoid further injury. Best of luck.
  • lvhuse
    lvhuse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just healed from a stress fracture in my left foot. Did the boot and all that fun. Initially my workout was crying because I couldn't go running. Once I got my head on straight, I did weights and the recumbent bike at the gym (which, by the way, sucks to do in a boot).