Body by Vi

Options
Has anyone heard of this diet? I just ordered my Shape Kit from them to try. You drink two shakes to replace meals, have two snacks, and one regular meal. What have you all heard about it? Everything I have heard and seen has been good, but I haven't seen much.

Replies

• laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    Hey there...Im going to tell you my experience with it, but in the end you will have to decide if its for you. I ordered the shakes and used them religioulsy for a month and I don't think they are worth the price. I lost weight, but only a couple pounds, and they by no means filled me up as a meal would. The shakes do taste fantastic though! Basically, the whole Body by Vi thing is another fad that promises results but doesn't deliver. The thing is, as with most other diet programs, pills etc, the Body by Vi doesn't teach you how to change your lifestyle, which is what needs to happen for long term success. Keep in mind that this is my opinion only, maybe it worked for other people. Just wanted to give you my take on it. Good luck
  • jconnors2012
    jconnors2012 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am down 50lbs and I have tried these since Dec. With healthy eating as well as some exercise. They help me stay on track away from fast food. They are more for disicipline for me.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that sells them and uses them BUT he uses them as additional calories because he is a triathlete.
    I prefer real food
  • carlymouritsen
    Options
    Hey there...Im going to tell you my experience with it, but in the end you will have to decide if its for you. I ordered the shakes and used them religioulsy for a month and I don't think they are worth the price. I lost weight, but only a couple pounds, and they by no means filled me up as a meal would. The shakes do taste fantastic though! Basically, the whole Body by Vi thing is another fad that promises results but doesn't deliver. The thing is, as with most other diet programs, pills etc, the Body by Vi doesn't teach you how to change your lifestyle, which is what needs to happen for long term success. Keep in mind that this is my opinion only, maybe it worked for other people. Just wanted to give you my take on it. Good luck

^ This!!

They taste great but IMO they were definitely not worth the price and I was miserable and extremely moody the whole time I was using the shakes because I was always starving.

Stick to good old moderation and exercise and you will be MUCH more happy with your results! :flowerforyou:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have found that the shakes not only improved my energy, but they were definitely the catalyst for me to change things I needed to change in order to become healthier...and even if it is JUST those 2 things that the shakes do, it's worth it for me.

I had lost 60 lbs, then had to re-regulate my thyroid and during that process, gained 28 lbs back. I have lost 26 back on the shakes but my family all agrees that even though I am the same size I was before I gained again, I look smaller and more fit. I definitely have gained more muscle tone since March, even though I have been working out religiously for over 2 years.

I just finished my 90-day challenge on Sunday and am starting a new challenge just for myself on Friday.

Here is my final stats (copied and pasted from my facebook):

ViSalus 90-day Challenge final weigh-in: 26 lbs, 13.5 inches lost since March 5, 2012.
    Chest: 3.75"
    Waist: 5.25"
    Hips: 4.5"

Just my experience, though. You HAVE to put in the work, not just drink the shakes and expect miracles.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Here's my opinion. I'm no fanatic and I don't sell it. I used is to start my weight loss journey and get me on track. Two shakes a day with snacks as needed and healthy dinner. It's tasty, quick and easy. Love the protein and the fact that it is low fat. Two month's in I transitioned to1 shake per day and two week's later 1 to three shakes per week. I love it as a snack after a workout. I make sure I have a supply at home for strange schedule days etc.... And did I mention it tastes really good and is easy to embellish! But I never expected it to be long term. Just another tool. Quite a successful one. It's not the end all or be all...just a really great tool! I've developed good habits that I can sustain.

17103848.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    here's a topic I posted not long ago either about Body By Vi asking about it..
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621520-body-by-vi

Anyways as for me, so far just on my 2nd day on it, I find I have quite a bit more energy than I used to. I was always tired prior to these shakes, and just in 2 little scoops it gives you everything you need. Sure I don't expect to use them forever, but as LadyRush said just before me, it is good to have if you're on the go and don't have time, or you just want to add in extra calories to get to your goal.

People say it's a waste of money, but if you think about it, you're saving quite a bit of money just on groceries for food. Food = Fuel IMO, if a shake gives me that and it's easy to do then why not. Sure indulging in delicious actual food is good too. But personally, I'd sooner have a delicious shake than a salad.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    here's a topic I posted not long ago either about Body By Vi asking about it..
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621520-body-by-vi

Anyways as for me, so far just on my 2nd day on it, I find I have quite a bit more energy than I used to. I was always tired prior to these shakes, and just in 2 little scoops it gives you everything you need. Sure I don't expect to use them forever, but as LadyRush said just before me, it is good to have if you're on the go and don't have time, or you just want to add in extra calories to get to your goal.

People say it's a waste of money, but if you think about it, you're saving quite a bit of money just on groceries for food. Food = Fuel IMO, if a shake gives me that and it's easy to do then why not. Sure indulging in delicious actual food is good too. But personally, I'd sooner have a delicious shake than a salad.

I shared my story in the thread in the link above. I have had great success with the Vi shakes but they are NOT a miracle shake. You still need to count calories and make healthy choices. For me they were what kicked my butt into getting on track and taking care of my health.
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Down 21 lbs and 9 inches (kept the good inches LOL) in only 44 days!!!!!!

Any other Visalus peeps feel free to add me :)
  • healthieryou
    Options
    [Same for me, they didn't really work]

^ This!!

They taste great but IMO they were definitely not worth the price and I was miserable and extremely moody the whole time I was using the shakes because I was always starving.

Stick to good old moderation and exercise and you will be MUCH more happy with your results! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]
  • Kim28dav
    Kim28dav Posts: 50
    Options
    I do Shakeology which is from the company Beachbody who makes P90X and Insanity.

It has helped in my weight loss journey (down 33lbs) , helps with cravings, digestion, cholestrol is down, I have tons of energy!!!! You drink only one meal a day!!!! It comes in three flavors....my fav is Chocolate!!!

It is not just a protein drink, it is a healthy drink with tons of vitamins!!!

I am sold on it!!! FOR LIFE!!!!
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    hey hun.. well i will tell you about my story... i was fat and depressed and about to end it all.. and i mean that honestly.. i was at home and so upset and never wanted to do anything.. a girlfriend of mine gave me some shakes and said to use them and try.. so i figured new year what the heck.. if i didnt do something i was going to die....

so i started them on jan 1.... within a week i was down 9 lbs.. then 5 more the next... but that wasnt the best part.. the best part was i no longer craved the crap.. i no longer wanted to sit and eat chips and ice cream.. and my pepsi addiction of about 2 2 liters a day.. was gone..... And here is the crazy part.. i was full of energy... and i loved it...
    So i figured i would stick with it and i order some from the company in March. And I joined the gym.....

today i sit in front of you ( well in front of my computer) 60 lbs lighter.... 50 inches smaller... and addicted no more to bad things.. but to the gym and water and the rush i get from sweating and breathing heavy...

I can now run and play with my kids.. i go to waterslides with them and run up and down the stairs with ease... it is great....

BUT I HAVE TO SAY.. THIS IS NOT A MIRACLE CURE.... it is a miracle tool... it will help you to stay on the path you need.. it will help you stick to your calorie intake you want.. it will give you the health requirements it promises... but if you do the shakes and nothing else... you will not magically wake up and be thin..

you have to eat right amount of calories
    you have to get a calorie defiect going
    you have to drink a ton of water..
    you have to work at it and want it..

if you put effort into it.. the tools you have just purchased will get you in the path you want.

Best of luck to you..

( and ps.. people are going ot come on here and rip into you for getting it.. but just remember...every person is going to say what they want.. but you know you and you know what will be a success or not for you!!)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I use them as a suppliment for my workouts, and as a snack, but not as a meal replacement. I chose them because they are low carb, and taste 100 times better than any other low carb protein shake out there. Plus they have the tri-sorb protien which no other shake out there has, so that your body can abosorb more of the protein than other protein shakes.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I used them but I don't think they are worth the expense- maybe you are saving on groceries but I bought a soy protein mix from the drugstore for 19.99- lasted almost as long as what I had to pay $99 for (maybe it is cheaper in the States- the shipping and handling was the kicker) and I was just as satisfied. I only lost a few pounds even though I had two shakes a day and chicken and veg or salad for supper. If I am only going to lose a few pounds I would rather do it cheaper!!!
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the opinions. Please keep in mind though I do not have a lot to lose. 10-15 pounds will be hard enough to lose for how small I am. I spend $40-$80 on healthy food a week and I have no weight changes. I work out at least 40 minutes a day. I am not just going to be drinking shakes and hoping I will look like a model. I'm on here to lose what I can, but mostly for toning my body.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the opinions. Please keep in mind though I do not have a lot to lose. 10-15 pounds will be hard enough to lose for how small I am. I spend $40-$80 on healthy food a week and I have no weight changes. I work out at least 40 minutes a day. I am not just going to be drinking shakes and hoping I will look like a model. I'm on here to lose what I can, but mostly for toning my body.

Your situation is similar to my sister's. She lost about 10 lbs and got CUT using the shake as a post-workout drink. She looks amazing. That's the only thing she changed to get those results. She started drinking the shake. She was already eating right and working out 6 days/week.
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I use these shakes too, since early March, and have lost 22 pounds. I don't use any of the extras, none of the supplements, mix ins, or any of that. Just the shake mix. I absolutely love them. I hate to cook, and this is exactly what I needed to start my weight loss. I look forward to my shake, it fills me up and I'm getting nutrients I wouldn't otherwise get, because I'm a terrible, picky eater. I buy the 2 shake bags per month for $99 and that's it. I take my own vitamins, not the ones that came with the starter pack from Body by Vi.
  • shawna_h74
    shawna_h74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take the Body by Vi shakes too. I love them, they do keep me full. I take one for breakfast (mixed with berries and skim milk) and then I workout at lunchtime, and have a shake when I get home from the gym. I workout 6 days a week and eat healthy. My husband's big into body building and he takes them too, so does Hulk Hogan and a lot of UFC fighters. I've decided to be a rep for these shakes. I love their products! I'm not trying to promote myself here, someone else reported my reply on another post! Sheesh, someone was asking what supplements to use and I recommended them! If you want to add me on here please do, always nice to get tips/ideas from others!