Tummy tuck???

Options
Has anyone gotten a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover? I am getting a mommy makeover soon and I want to hear about recovery.

Replies

• diannedionisi
    Options
    Sorry, but what's a mommy makeover?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    My friend had a tummy tuck, she had a pretty easy recovery. As long as you are seeing a really good surgeon, the recovery is not bad at all. I have alot of friends currently working in the cosmetic surgery field. Just do your homework, get a few consults and make sure you are fully comfortable with your doctor.

What else are you having done?
  • lisahabbe
    lisahabbe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had a tummy tuck, liposuction, breast reduction and a thigh lift. A MOMMY MAKE OVER! The tummy tuck wasn't a hard recovery. It's not a joke so take it VERY seriously. You must wear your binder after no matter how much you hate it! You will love the results if you listen to your docter and continue exercising when he or she gives you the ok. Make sure and ask your surgeon to lipo your tummy area while doing the abdominalplasty or they won't. You can also get a huge discount by combining procedures together like getting lipo on all the areas you want on your body while you are asleep for the abdominalplasty. Had I known I would have done it that way but instead I had 4 seperate procedures. GOOD LUCK! and be proud of yourself for becoming the you that YOU want to be!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but what's a mommy makeover?
    It is a breast lift and a tummy tuck. They call it a mommy makeover because women get it done after pregnancy.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    My friend had a tummy tuck, she had a pretty easy recovery. As long as you are seeing a really good surgeon, the recovery is not bad at all. I have alot of friends currently working in the cosmetic surgery field. Just do your homework, get a few consults and make sure you are fully comfortable with your doctor.

What else are you having done?
    I am having a breast lift and augmentation, lipo of thighs, waist and arms and a tummy tuck. Glad to hear it was a fast recovery. I am excited and nervous.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    I have had a tummy tuck, liposuction, breast reduction and a thigh lift. A MOMMY MAKE OVER! The tummy tuck wasn't a hard recovery. It's not a joke so take it VERY seriously. You must wear your binder after no matter how much you hate it! You will love the results if you listen to your docter and continue exercising when he or she gives you the ok. Make sure and ask your surgeon to lipo your tummy area while doing the abdominalplasty or they won't. You can also get a huge discount by combining procedures together like getting lipo on all the areas you want on your body while you are asleep for the abdominalplasty. Had I known I would have done it that way but instead I had 4 seperate procedures. GOOD LUCK! and be proud of yourself for becoming the you that YOU want to be!

I am so glad to connect with you. I am having a tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation, lipo of waist, arms and thighs. How were the drains?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Whoa! You go girl!:laugh:

I have never had any work done....yet. I do know women who have, I know women in the field and I am working my way into the field as well....The perks are pretty nice! (I'm a skin therapist more into the health aspect, but the cosmetic aspect has some great benefits! I'm trying to get in part-time for that reason, LOL!)

I do have a bit of advice, if you haven't already been told this. (Ask your doc)

Most surgeons make thier incisions horozontally because the tissues are put together that way. The purpose is to "cut with the grain" so that the collegen and elastin heal the same and it makes the scar less visible. If you massage the insicsion before it starts to grow back together, you can slow down the healing process and it will come together more evenly. It is very painful, my friend did it. BUT, even her doctor can't find the original incision! Ask your surgeon to show you the technique! Its worth it.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • calabrdm
    Options

I have never had any work done....yet. I do know women who have, I know women in the field and I am working my way into the field as well....The perks are pretty nice! (I'm a skin therapist more into the health aspect, but the cosmetic aspect has some great benefits! I'm trying to get in part-time for that reason, LOL!)

I do have a bit of advice, if you haven't already been told this. (Ask your doc)

Most surgeons make thier incisions horozontally because the tissues are put together that way. The purpose is to "cut with the grain" so that the collegen and elastin heal the same and it makes the scar less visible. If you massage the insicsion before it starts to grow back together, you can slow down the healing process and it will come together more evenly. It is very painful, my friend did it. BUT, even her doctor can't find the original incision! Ask your surgeon to show you the technique! Its worth it.

When can I start massaging the incision? I will try it.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'm not sure of the exact technique and I don't want to advise you on my assumption. Your surgeon or aesthetician should be able to teach you how to do it and when and how often.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    www.makemeheal.com

Click on the Message Boards and Forums on the top then scoll down to the Tummy Tuck,Abdominoplasty forum.. All the women there are post-op, pre-op and everything in between :smile: If you read the Stickies at the top and ask questions the ladies there are like the people here, very kind and supportive.

Congrats and Good luck!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options

When can I start massaging the incision? I will try it.

I'm planning to have a breast reduction and lift next May (can't wait to have the boobs a 24 y/o should have!). I've previously gone and had consults, but then the timing didn't work out. Anyway the doctor I went to was like massage them throughout the day... the more massing the better the blood flow, the better they heal. I want to say she wanted to start ASAP, but I'd ask your surgeon.