Eating Under

Options
I joined MFP fairly recently and I thought I would be struggling with eating only 1200 calories a day, but the opposite turned out to be true! I've eaten under my calories every day except one since I started. I work out every day and burn around 450 calories each workout session.
I know a lot of people have posted topics about this before, but my main issue is that I eat wayy under on fat most days, but usually go over on carbs and protein. My food diary is public, so if anyone could give me some advice on how to balance my meals better, but also reach my calorie goal, that would be great.
Thanks, everyone!

Replies

• rando348
    rando348 Posts: 22
    Options
    Natural peanut butter and fish oil
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You could use avocado on your bagel, like a spread. It's healthy fat.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You can start adding back in some of your favorite foods in moderation. I find a lot of people will eat only what they think is "diet food" when they first start out. There is life beyond salad and steamed veggies.

Cheese, avocados, complex carbs, peanut butter, healthy oils. All higher in calories, and good for you in moderation.

EDIT: It looks like you're not eating very many greens. If you can, try swapping out some of the carbs for fibrous veggies. Or, perhaps try a roasted sweet potato instead of the toast.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If there's really nothing you can think of that you want (for example, if you're not hungry and aren't craving anything for those extra calories), you could always try to "sneak" calories into your meals. Throw some nuts in as a mid-morning snack, put a light sprinkle of shredded cheese on your eggs, or put some "just peanuts" peanut butter on your bagel.

Speaking from a nutritional point of view, I am seeing a lot of empty carbs in your diet. While I am glad you have found a way to put the foods you love into a diet that works for you, I can't stress enough that you need to pay special attention to ensuring you are getting adequate nutrition when you are reducing the amount of food you consume. If you really hate vegetables and really don't want to eat them, the least I can suggest is a multivitamin.

Also, don't worry about going over on protein. I have heard from multiple people that MFP's recommended protein intake is very low and there is little to no danger in going over it.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can start adding back in some of your favorite foods in moderation. I find a lot of people will eat only what they think is "diet food" when they first start out. There is life beyond salad and steamed veggies.

Cheese, avocados, complex carbs, peanut butter, healthy oils. All higher in calories, and good for you in moderation.

EDIT: It looks like you're not eating very many greens. If you can, try swapping out some of the carbs for fibrous veggies. Or, perhaps try a roasted sweet potato instead of the toast.

I need to start adding in the avocados. $.99 each and could help me a lot, plus so enjoyable. I have a love affair going with peanut butter though. Good ideas in this post and the one right below it.