Any other WW refugees here?

Options
From 2006-2009, I lost over 100 pounds on the WW points program. I had a lot of "life" things happen and have put 50 pounds of that back on. I tried using the new PointsPlus program and just did not have any luck. I had a hard time wrapping my head around it since it was no longer calorie-based. So here I am on MFP and had a successful first week.

Any WW oldies here?

Replies

• nannurse
    nannurse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • clairedance
    Options
    Yep! I'm grateful for the time I spent with WW... but I'm glad I discovered something that works for me and is FREE.
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did well on WW, but quit because I could not afford it. MFP is FREE, so I can reach my goal without going into debt!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love that MFP is free!
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is the perfect environment. I like counting calories, points just didn't work for me.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was on WW for 6 months awhile ago..i lost 25 lbs.. great.. but i couldn't keep up with the meetings and the points system kind of confused me..
    MFP easy.. no calculating "points" straight and to the point.. and MFP is free.. the reason i joined over WW
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did well on WW, but quit because I could not afford it. MFP is FREE, so I can reach my goal without going into debt!

This is exactly how I feel. I love MFP, the food tracking mechanism is much easier than WW's with way more foods in the database. I also love that it syncs with my Fitbit. MFP and Fitbit have allowed me to be far more successful at getting the weight off. :smile:
  • DonnaCW
    DonnaCW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have done WW since 2002, and had gotten to goal weight, but gained it all back. It's a journey that never ends. You ALWAYS have to watch what you eat and excercise. It's something that doesn't stop. This site is better, and it's free to boot! :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Me.
    I kind of lost interest in WW when they changed the points system. I was doing so well before they changed it.
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So great to see some familiar faces & other WW oldies here! :-)
  • JENROMERO
    JENROMERO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've done WW in the past and while it is a good program, its just easier to find calorie info with the new laws coming into place.
    You can usually find calorie info, but not fiber content, etc. I got frustrated with the new system too. And of course the Free part! :)
  • prshacklock74
    Options
    Another WW here! I was very successful on their old points program and I loved them. But like you, I am not so fond of the PointsPlus. I believe their plan is a very good and healthy one, but I didn't lose as well with PointsPlus as with the old Points program. I like MFP much better so far, as I find counting calories much easier and preferable. I do love WW recipes though. I make them all the time and people never know that they are low-fat, low-calorie alternatives.
  • kkrier
    kkrier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ex WW here also! The program taught me a lot about food portions. Over the course of several years, I have lost and gained 40-50 pounds several time. I LOVE MFP! It makes me accountable on a daily basis and I love the ease of logging my food. Even better, it's free.
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    WW Refugee here checking in!

Sorry, I still can't wrap my brain around FREE FRUIT.
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Exactly Jenn! If a banana has 140 calories, how can it be free???? I just don't get it.