Support needed for a running cavewoman...

Options
Any Paleo Cavewoman Runners out there have some advice as to what to eat for energy during longer runs?

I've been a cavelady for over 3 months and now that I'm happy with my weight/shape- I'm beginning to get more serious about running.
I ran a 5K last night and it seemed a little easy. I'm going to start upping the miles on my long runs, I want to run my first half marathon in the Fall. But you know what I'm going to ask:
What can I eat for the extra endurance I will need?
I used to have pasta or rice the night before. I used to eat half a piece of peanut butter toast the morning of my race.
Now I have a TBSP of almond butter, maybe some nuts, and a little coffee and I'm fine for a 5K.
What helps give you the long lasting energy you need for long runs?
Do you drink gatorade?
Do you eat grains before a long run?
Will I get a horrible stomach ache during my run if I have rice/pasta/bread for the first time in months?

Thanks for your help, tips, and encouragement, Paleo runners!

Replies

• aniiohev
    aniiohev Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently doing Paleo...because I am breastfeeding and need the grains...but when I was running halfs I was fine with a banana and peanut butter on it about 2 hours before the race...race in the morning and get up in enough time for your stomach to wake up, eat, etc...have fun!