How do I log a Zumba class?

Options
I'm not sure what would be an accurate representation of the calories I burned. I typed in "dance" in the search bar and I picked the "Dancing, aerobic" entry. For 55 minutes it says that I'd burn 459 calories, but I feel it may be off by about 100... meaning I burned 560~?

Does anyone have any help as to how to calculate calories independently, and I can just type in my number? Sorry, I'm new!

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    honestly, I never liked how it was calculated here. I wore an HRM and always come up around 550-600 for 60 minutes.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    My friend and I did Zumba today and we logged it under High Intensity Aerobics.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    try zumbacalories.com you put in your height and weight and then the intensity of your workout. I then created my own exercise on MFP to log the exercise. I decided that I did half of my workout at medium intensity and half a low intensity. I would rather have my calorie burn be estimated low than high. Also if you can get a HRM that would give an accurate calorie burn amount.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

I used this site to make my own Zumba workout to log. I recently got a heart rate monitor and found out this site is actually not very far off at all!
  • MarriSunshine
    Options
    Go to zumbacalories.com. put in your weight, the amount of time you did and the intensity you put into it... that's what I'm using to better estimate what I burn for Zumba :)
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Www.zumbacalories.com
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Www.zumbacalories.com

This and then I put it in on here
  • angela_lk
    angela_lk Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow! Thanks, everyone! I'm going to look into a heart rate monitor now too!