Teryaki

Options
ShellyLee
ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
I usually do this with chicken or steak (but assume you could do it with just about anything).. never portioned it out until tonight but it's very tasty!
This is for one serving, but can easily just double (triple.. whatever) to however much you needed:
3 oz sirloin steak stir fry strips
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tbsp kikkoman teryaki sauce

I cook the steak or chicken almost all the way through in a pan.. then add the teryaki and brown sugar and let it melt down and simmer for a bit. It's really good over rice (make sure you get all the sauce out of the pan YUMMY!), although tonight I just roasted some sweet potatoes and onions and had those the side.

Made with 3oz steak:
Calories: 210
Carbs: 2g
Fat: 9g
Protein: 17 g
Sodium: 610 (this is from the teryaki sauce. I used regular but they do make a low sodium variety)
Sugar: 14g

If you add a cup of rice to this it comes about to about 380 calories. Made with chicken it would be less.

Replies

• MLR1SN
    MLR1SN Posts: 17
    Options
    That sounds really good :wink: I think I may try that for tomarrow's dinner!!! I love new recipes :)
  • jazzyjules2004
    jazzyjules2004 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! How did you roast your sweet potatoes? I love baked sweet potato fries, and any variations :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! How did you roast your sweet potatoes? I love baked sweet potato fries, and any variations :laugh:

I just cube them up, lightly spray them with some olive oil cooking spray.. just a little salt and then some thyme (fresh or dried). Put them in a pan and in the oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes. I usually mix them up about half way through cooking.
    Normally I'd do red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions. Mix those up with about two cloves of garlic finely chopped, about one sprig of fresh thyme finely chopped and olive oil. Mix them around to coat everything then pop them in the oven at 350-375 until tender (30-45minutes).
  • MLR1SN
    MLR1SN Posts: 17
    Options

I just cube them up, lightly spray them with some olive oil cooking spray.. just a little salt and then some thyme (fresh or dried). Put them in a pan and in the oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes. I usually mix them up about half way through cooking.
    Normally I'd do red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions. Mix those up with about two cloves of garlic finely chopped, about one sprig of fresh thyme finely chopped and olive oil. Mix them around to coat everything then pop them in the oven at 350-375 until tender (30-45minutes).

Can I come to ur house for dinner? That sounds really yummy. I have no time between school and work to cook something like that!
  • jazzyjules2004
    jazzyjules2004 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Thanks! I will try that :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: