Elliptical! I need your help!

Options
Is it just me or are ellipticals really awkward? I just recently got a gym membership and today I tried out the elliptical machine for the first time. It was just really weird to be on....Is that something I get used to or?....And another question: Does it matter if I go forwards or backwards?
Please help if you can, haha. :)

Replies

• stebben
    stebben Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have just started the elliptical as well and it does get a little easier. Yes, you can go forward or backward. It wears you out and you do get a good work out. Just takes a couple of times. It is awkward especially when you first try to take a drink of water on it or go to grab your towel to wipe your face. But it does get easier
  • BBQueen513
    Options
    Be careful on that thing, I ended up with a severe back strain from using it. I've had better success on the stair climber.
  • honey_dew
    honey_dew Posts: 28
    Options
    Be careful on that thing, I ended up with a severe back strain from using it. I've had better success on the stair climber.

I did the stair climber today too. It was great!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have tried many ellipticals and don't love most of them. Most seem to have a short stride. I bought a NordicTrack ACT and it has a larger adjustable stride. I like it better than any other I have tried. Good luck to you.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Love the elliptical and do my HIIT sessions on it. It does get easier once you get use to it.
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love my elliptical..now. i definitely understand what you mean..i felt so weird on it at first! it took some time but i can't imagine life without it now :) good luck and enjoy!
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Love the Precor 100i. Great for HIIT - great calorie burn! All Ellipticals are a but different.
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I got on one at the gym today for the first time and I felt the same way. I can go on the tread mill at high speeds and bikes also for a long time, but yet I could barely stay on the elliptical for more then a minute. My legs started hurting really bad and i could barely breathe but yet this other woman that is in there stays on it for longer than an hour. I know it burns a lot of calories but I think I'll stick with what I've been doing.