Illness and Weightloss

Options
How do you keep motivated when you are sick? I've been laid out since Friday (Upper respiratory infection) and I have no motivation to curtail my eating habits or to get any kind of excersize. What's a girl to do?

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I would just eat as best as you can, junk food isn't going to make you feel any better anyway. Eat what you want when you want, so long as it's good for you. Get lots of vitamin C and dont even try to exercise. Your body needs nourishment and rest now, so give it to it!
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    How do you keep motivated when you are sick? I've been laid out since Friday (Upper respiratory infection) and I have no motivation to curtail my eating habits or to get any kind of excersize. What's a girl to do?
    I feel for you. :flowerforyou: Sunday I had a headache all day and a slight temp. From then on full blown cold symptoms. The only thing that's been running the last couple of days is my nose. Just don't feel up to it. :sick: My 8 year old said, "mom you haven't got 'Piggy Flu', have you?"

I've been trying to keep up with the fluids though. :drinker:
    Hope you are better soon. :bigsmile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    just try to keep your eating habits up. Exercising with a respiratory infection usually is a bad idea, until you feel you can breath normally it's going to be difficult to exercise to say the least. Remember, eating healthy is the FIRST step to becoming healthy, exercise is great, and I wouldn't recommend making a habit of skipping it, but its the food that will net you much of your success during weight loss. That's MHO anyway.

-Banks