I'm Over it!!!!!

Options
I work out really hard and I watch my food and that darn scale just won't move. I'm losing inches and they say it counts but here's the thing, if I am losing inches EVENTUALLY I should be losing weight (correct??). So why am I losing 8-10 inches a month but not seeing any movement on the scale? Does my scale hate me? Am I doing something wrong? I want to cry my Eyes out because I just don't want to be obese anymore I want to be thin and happy :sad: :explode: :mad: :mad: :brokenheart:

Replies

• Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    are you lifting weights?
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    TAKE A BREAK! I did and I am losing weight like no tomorrow. 1 week of break won't hurt you. And drink tons of water and stay under your calorie goal

Go for a walk during the work out break.. That is what I been doing.. Body needs a rest.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Deep breaths.

The scale doesn't hate you. It's an inanimate object. Not losing weight is not a punishment for bad behavior. It just means that something isn't going according to plan. So you take a deep breath, and find a solution.

Try opening your food diary so we can check things out. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can find a problem more easily.

Don't take the number on the scale personally. It's not a punishment, and losing weight wouldn't be a reward from the universe. These are morality-neutral events. You may *prefer* a loss, but it's not a reflection on you as a person if you don't get a loss. It's ok. You will find a solution. We can help you.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way for the longest time. Take a break from what you're currently doing. Maybe change your exercise routine up a bit. I noticed that when I was strength training with my trainer I was losing inches, but not pounds. Once I added more cardio I started losing the lbs. Good luck!
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thin does not equal happy. I felt the same way when I first started it was taking forever to see any lbs come off just inch after inch after inch. but let me ask you what I asked myself... Do you really need the scale to tell you you are un healthy. Is weighing on it every day multiple times a day going to change the fact that you still have a long way to go? No right? So using the scale to tell you that you are improving your health and getting smaller is just as silly. You are loosing inches less inches equal smaller figure hun!! There are so many reasons why you can not be loosing weight but NONE OF THEM MATTER bc the scale does not matter!!! Once you learn that once that clicks it will be all lbs lost from there! Measure in how less out of breath you are when you walk to the shower in the morning, measure in how many seconds more you can run every other day, measure in you can bend over to pick something up and not have to rest after! Measure your success in little achievements and not by what you think the scale should say!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You need to check your body fat percentage. ..maybe it's been going down. Make an appointment with a Hydrostatic weighing place, Bod Pod, also buy a Tanita scale (at Bath, Bed and Beyond) that measures your body fat every morning when you get weighed. I went from 51% body fat to 41% from lifting weights ...without much weight loss. :)
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lift twice a week with my trainer, zumba twice a week,treadmill,elliptical,machines twice a week.

I am actually on a break right now because I have a foot spur and the doctor told me not to work out until I saw the podiatrist (it's been a week) :mad:

One of my MFP pals saw my post and said it could be my sodium and try to bring that down I seem to always go over by 500-1000 I don't know how I wanna saw ppl putting wrong info but I tend to be more aware of how much I am putting in my mouth.

When I say happy I should have said in my skin I am just not happy with the way I look

As far as the bodpod I saw that on the doctors and wanted to see if there was one in CT because it looks not only interesting by FUN lol

Thank you everyone in advance